Dogs in Your Model 3

Country
Country
How is everyone transporting your pups in your 3? Pictures appreciated!

I’m planning to get a dog hammock for the back seat, but wanted to see if anyone had a better idea. My dog is hyper as heck 45lb ball of energy and will need to protect my interior.

Anyone have this?

Last edited:

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How is everyone transporting your pups in your 3? Pictures appreciated!

I’m planning to get a dog hammock for the back seat, but wanted to see if anyone had a better idea. My dog is hyper as heck 45lb ball of energy and will need to protect my interior.
Mine for the short drive to boarding before our Disney road trip...

The seatbrella is great for me after running a race and protecting the seats from sweat, but it didn’t do great with the dog — he moved too much :)

E4A5FD6D-5E1C-430E-9FB0-B470C2792398.jpeg

Sandy

One obsession to the next
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Our beast is 6 1/4 lbs. When she was a pup we put her small Sherpa carrier on a towel on the center back seat secured with the center seatbelt. She rides in it exclusively in the car (unless she’s wrapped around my wife’s neck....). She jumps right in. It’s the same carrier we use in the cabin on flights out west. The one in the Escape is pink.....The one going in the 3 will be black.

I just wish she’d ask before taking the car:

CC468E28-7F05-4DA6-A083-5498CD3E4692.jpeg

Last edited:

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Country
Country
We use this as a booster/safety seat as it has a safety clip: https://www.petsmart.com/dog/crates...ts/top-paw-booster-seat-7510.html?cgid=100227

But sometimes we forget the car seat... :eek: View attachment 7548

The car has been so easy to keep clean though- love the vegan leather seats! The side door trim is pretty tough, though has some faint scratches from our dog REALLY trying to claw at the windows.
The doors are what I’m more worried about. Guess I’m going to have to work a lot with training. He gets pretty anxious on car rides I think because he’s alone in the back.

theishu

Dream Car Unlocked
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone with experience taking a bigger dog? I have a 53lb fella who sheds like fall leaves in the wind. I've been transporting him perfectly fine in the hatchback area of my Prius, which keeps him close enough and far enough simultaneously.

But I'm not sure if I should even let him into the Model 3. Would be nice to take him on long trips without burning gas. My initial idea was to fold down the split seats in the back, put him on the flat folded down section, and tether him with a doggy seat belt or something. Not sure how the cleanliness part will hold up, though. I'd prefer my $60K car to continue looking (and smelling) like one.

Country
Country
I don't plan on my dogs going anywhere in my Model 3 when I get mine. I have a 100lbs Rottweiler and 60lbs Boxer and I see what they do to my Ford Edge when they hang their heads out the window. My solution is using the wife's vehicle so that should go over well lol.

relidtm

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got this it works pretty well

only have used it one time though, not sure if there is a better option but I just threw it in the wash worked great. still have a couple of dog hairs but no where what I would if i didnt buy it.

theishu

Dream Car Unlocked
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got this it works pretty well

only have used it one time though, not sure if there is a better option but I just threw it in the wash worked great. still have a couple of dog hairs but no where what I would if i didnt buy it.
Hmm... wouldn't work for me because I have a child seat too in the back. Maybe this instead?
:p

Attachments

aquadoggie

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah, I got a cover from amazon too and it works fine. I tried to fold the seats down, but my pup is too tall so he then hits his head on the glass and also his hair sticks really bad to the fabric on the back side of the seats. I've resigned myself to the fact I'll just have to be diligent about cleaning and vacuuming. Worth it for me. Love that doofus.

relidtm

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I use this with a car seat its good because if my kid throws stuff now im not looking for it.

Edit, I take the car seat out of course

GDN

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Good question and I have to be honest I have always gone the way of @Spiffywerks and just taken the truck when we go somewhere with the dogs (2 English Bulldogs). That is usually about 200 miles to family in Oklahoma. It's a truck (although a nice one) but it never bothered me, it's a truck. But the dog hair is crazy unbelievable and I have to vacuum for an hour it seems just to get most of it out after a trip.

For the M3 we wanted the LR to be able to easily make it to OK and other trips and want to be able to take the dogs along, but really am looking for a solution to the hair. Our goal is to be able to lay both back seats down so they have plenty of room to roam and lay out and then find something like the hammocks posted above that might cover from the trunk all the way to the back of the front seats. Haven't really started looking, but hope to find it. If all else fails, a big cloth/canvas drop cloth from Home Depot is likely the best solution to cover the whole area.

Attachments