Donuts?

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

FF35

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Enabling slip start doesn’t do much but it seems that if you could disable to speed sensors on the front wheels then spinning the tires would work.

Does anyone see a reduced version of track mode coming to the LR RWD?

JeffC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Enabling slip start doesn’t do much but it seems that if you could disable to speed sensors on the front wheels then spinning the tires would work.

Does anyone see a reduced version of track mode coming to the LR RWD?
For information, slip start is not a track mode. It's for starting to move from a stop on slippery surfaces like mud, gravel, etc.

Sasha's traction control defeat is sort of like track mode: https://www.mountainpassperformance.com/the-future/

babula

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I hope they make Track Mode available in the future but I'm guessing it would only go to AWD if they decide to release it.

Making this assumption because I think Track Mode is currently designed to work with both motors.

JeffC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I hope they make Track Mode available in the future but I'm guessing it would only go to AWD if they decide to release it.

Making this assumption because I think Track Mode is currently designed to work with both motors.
Agree. While some kind of track mode would be possible with a single motor (think larger slip angles allowed), dual motors allows more things to happen, like understeer from increasing front motor torque, so yes, it's definitely more flexible with two motors.

Last edited:

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I certainly would love a RWD track mode as well for some fun in the snow.
We know it can be done if you physically disconnect the ABS sensors, but that is very much not a good idea.
I agree @MountainPass has figured out how to do it electronically but they haven't been willing to explain much.
Maybe we would be better off begging Elon on twitter :)

MountainPass

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I certainly would love a RWD track mode as well for some fun in the snow.
We know it can be done if you physically disconnect the ABS sensors, but that is very much not a good idea.
I agree @MountainPass has figured out how to do it electronically but they haven't been willing to explain much.
Maybe we would be better off begging Elon on twitter :)
You would be better off begging Elon! The only thing we will be sharing is the link to buy our VSC Killer!