Driver Centric Center Display

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

sduck

Country
Country
There's a video on youtube about this - get underneath the screen, remove a panel, loosen two bolts, it'll move a little and you can rotate it slightly towards the driver. Not as much as in that (presumably) photoshopped picture though.

tipton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There's a video on youtube about this - get underneath the screen, remove a panel, loosen two bolts, it'll move a little and you can rotate it slightly towards the driver. Not as much as in that (presumably) photoshopped picture though.

i have no doubt its not photoshopped. given his 3d expertise you could definitely print some parts to enable you to do this - would be my guess.

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Pop open the bottom panel of the screen. There are two 10mm hex screw. Remove those and pull the screen out and up at ~30 degree from horizontal.

I am experimenting with a few prototype mounts. The one pictured is at 15 degree rotation. The next one, if I find time tomorrow, will be 10 degree. Will report on the results and post more pictures then.

CJ

JustTheTip

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wouldn’t put it past Tesla to void any computer warranties because of this. At least it’s easy enough to undo. ;)

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
10 degree version from the back seat:

20180818_075106.jpg

From the driver headrest:

20180818_075152.jpg

From the front passenger headrest:

20180818_075125.jpg

Ergonomically, the 15 degree version is more correct for the driver.
Aesthetically, the 10 degree version is more subtle and less disruptive to the original design.
I do like them both.

Last edited: