Early Access Program

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 31st all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Were you invited to the Early Access Program?

• Yes, and I signed up.

Votes: 23 23.5%
  • Yes, but I haven't signed up.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • No

Votes: 69 70.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RichEV

M3OC Supporting Member
Country
Country
No, but I might have begged just a little when I was in for service (B pillar rattle) yesterday.

Didn't seem to help.

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I had a 45minute software update applied today. Can't get to the car yet to check, but could this be v9 or is there another minor update doing the rounds too? I never had an early adoption invite.

FF35

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had a 45minute software update applied today. Can't get to the car yet to check, but could this be v9 or is there another minor update doing the rounds too? I never had an early adoption invite.
Did you have 36.2 already installed?

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Not sure I had an update a few weeks ago. My app says 36.2, but I haven't physically been to the car since today's update, not sure if it updates versioning in the app over the air?

FF35

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Once your car is done updating, your app will show the new version even if you don’t go to your car. If you started the update earlier today, you probably just installed 36.2.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I received a [very surprising and unexpected!] email invite from Tesla on Oct 2 at 1am, and despite being on vacation was quick to sign up when I got up at 8:50am. I assumed it was because I emailed them about auto wiper stuttering last week and received a response the same morning.
However...this morning my coworker (who just got his model 3 a few weeks ago) also mentioned he got the invite and signed up. So now I'm assuming the invite went out to most people.

Sadly my car was unplugged for six days and probably asleep and not updating, so no updates past 36.2 on 9/21, but we will see.
I really didn't think much of it till I just now read Elon's tweet response to @TrevP that it was expanded by 1000 people.

I find if very hard to believe that both myself and my coworker were randomly selected for such a small group.
I suspect many more were invited, an they really only signed up the first 1000 responses, certainly before me.
But we will see...
So, who else received the invite and when?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I received a [very surprising and unexpected!] email invite from Tesla on Oct 2 at 1am, and despite being on vacation was quick to sign up when I got up at 8:50am. I assumed it was because I emailed them about auto wiper stuttering last week and received a response the same morning.
However...this morning my coworker (who just got his model 3 a few weeks ago) also mentioned he got the invite and signed up. So now I'm assuming the invite went out to most people.

Sadly my car was unplugged for six days and probably asleep and not updating, so no updates past 36.2 on 9/21, but we will see.
I really didn't think much of it till I just now read Elon's tweet response to @TrevP that it was expanded by 1000 people.

I find if very hard to believe that both myself and my coworker were randomly selected for such a small group.
I suspect many more were invited, an they really only signed up the first 1000 responses, certainly before me.
But we will see...
So, who else received the invite and when?
No invite here and I've done bug reports in the car and via email...

NIGHTHAWK017

Country
Country
I agree with @JWardell. I suspect they sent a few thousand invites and accepted the first 1000 for now.

What I’m curious about. If you are in the early access program, when they start testing FSD features, will they only push that software to people that purchased it? Or will people that paid for EAP be given the test versions of FSD features up until they’re released widespread?