Easily accessible glovebox button

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 31st all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
to get to glovebox button have to tap on vehicle icon and then glovebox. Why can’t tesla put it besides the wipers icon. Thoughts?
Guess it's down to personal preference but I kind of like it hidden. Most people don't even realize the car has a glovebox and I prefer the security of it being hidden unless you know where to look.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
to get to glovebox button have to tap on vehicle icon and then glovebox. Why can’t tesla put it besides the wipers icon. Thoughts?
I suppose it would be easy enough to put it there but there are really only three times I open the glovebox:

1) I have updated proof of insurance to stow
2) I have updated registration to stow.
3) I am pulled over by a cop and need to show my proof of insurance and registration.

On previous cars there was a fourth reason, I needed to look something up in the Owner's Manual. Now I just do that on the center screen.

Why do they call it a "glovebox" when nobody puts gloves in there? :confused: