Easily accessible glovebox button

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
to get to glovebox button have to tap on vehicle icon and then glovebox. Why can’t tesla put it besides the wipers icon. Thoughts?
Guess it's down to personal preference but I kind of like it hidden. Most people don't even realize the car has a glovebox and I prefer the security of it being hidden unless you know where to look.

PNWmisty

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
to get to glovebox button have to tap on vehicle icon and then glovebox. Why can’t tesla put it besides the wipers icon. Thoughts?
I suppose it would be easy enough to put it there but there are really only three times I open the glovebox:

1) I have updated proof of insurance to stow
2) I have updated registration to stow.
3) I am pulled over by a cop and need to show my proof of insurance and registration.

On previous cars there was a fourth reason, I needed to look something up in the Owner's Manual. Now I just do that on the center screen.

Why do they call it a "glovebox" when nobody puts gloves in there? :confused:

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Why do they call it a "glovebox" when nobody puts gloves in there? :confused:
Hey, maybe I should put my hat and gloves in there for winter.

I find it kind of funny that it never occurred to me before to put my gloves in the glovebox. :)