Editing Watch Thread settings

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

Bobby Garrity

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I think that I have disabled all email notifications in my settings, but I still seem to get emails when people reply to certain threads. I still want to see the site alerts, just not emails. Is there anything I'm missing?

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
IIRC, after disabling all of "receive emails" in preferences, you will continue to receive notices for any _old_ threads that were active before you changed the setting.

I believe the solution I found was to use the "disable emails from this thread" link found within the email to stop the emails from each individual thread. It looks like the emails also contain a "disable all emails" link. You could try that too.

Bobby Garrity

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
IIRC, after disabling all of "receive emails" in preferences, you will continue to receive notices for any _old_ threads that were active before you changed the setting.

I believe the solution I found was to use the "disable emails from this thread" link found within the email to stop the emails from each individual thread. It looks like the emails also contain a "disable all emails" link. You could try that too.
Thanks so much!

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
When we "Watch" a thread, we are given an option of getting e-mails or not.

When we post a reply on a thread, it seems like we automatically "watch" the thread, although it seems like the default is to watch it WITHOUT e-mail notifications.

Is there a way to check and/or edit which of the e-mail options a given thread's "watch" has?

I prefer to receive e-mails, but the only way I've discovered to make sure this happens is to first Unwatch the thread and then Watch it again and select the "with emails" option. Is there an easier way?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you click on your profile icon and go to Preferences you will see what you're looking for in the Options section with the first 2 checkboxes.

• Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
    • and receive email notifications of replies

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Okay, that answers the question about setting the default behavior when I reply. But how do I check on what my setting is for a given thread? (or is it really just a site-wide setting, and the fact that I don't seem to get e-mails on certain threads is just a glitch?)

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Okay, that answers the question about setting the default behavior when I reply. But how do I check on what my setting is for a given thread? (or is it really just a site-wide setting, and the fact that I don't seem to get e-mails on certain threads is just a glitch?)
I see what you're saying. I'm not sure on that one. I haven't noticed myself not getting the emails -- on some level I'm on this site so much I should probably squash the emails.