1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

Elon Musk: 'We need a revolt against the fossil fuel industry'

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by minogully, May 6, 2016.

Tags:
More threads by minogully
  1. minogully

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Ontario, Canada
    Country
    • Like Like x 1
    • Gary Moore

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Mountain House, CA
      Country
      Having escaped from the "Dark Side of the Force," I can tell you this: Death is indeed nature's way of telling you to slow down.

Sure, similar to the gist of Newton's First Law of Motion, momentum also builds in economies, and once the business models start rolling, it's hard to apply the brakes.

I might note that most of human life runs upon habits, but that observation does not remove the unintended consequences or accumulating side effects of said habits.

As my Neil deGrasse Tyson T-shirt says, "Science does not care what you believe." The laws of physics are not the kind that even the meanest outlaw can ever violate, not even once. No well-crafted commercials about how nice cheap energy is will save you from sublimating methane out of the ocean floors and the frozen tundra if you fail to turn down the heat. If you ask nature for a break, it will obligingly break you. The Gaia Principle is not some cute collective of unicorns and butterflies. It's not nice to fool with Mother Nature.

Madison Avenue cannot save you from physics or thermodynamics.

Give me climate sanity or sentence us all to premature death. The discussion period ends, one way or another.

• Agree Agree x 2