Elon's sense of humour ;)

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 10th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

Gary Moore

Country
Country
It's a very good sign. The human condition requires that we will never know everything. If someone cannot respond to that aspect of things in a positive manner, the person is likely doomed.

Elon knows things that many people seemingly yet don't realize. The Information age is making new things happen at geometrically increasing rates. This fact means that people without a head start can readily pass people who have previously had a giant head start, because what was fast yesterday really looks rather slow today, and what happens tomorrow will make things look positively ludicrous.

For example, people in Africa today have cell phones who have never had land lines, so their communication system did not waste all their time and materials by stringing out miles of wire or fiber all over a continent.

If you do not get why the rampaging changing of reality might be potentially funny today (if it were to be handled correctly), you are possibly not aware of what's up.

Elon's race with the existing auto industry reminds me of the guy who is running past his companions while being chased by the growling grizzly bear. His companions are just catching on to the fact that Elon does not have to outrun any fast bear, he just needs to outrun them.

Watch out for banana peels, my friends and neighbors, but their army travels on its stomach and has built the formidable Maginot Line, so respectfully, his army will wave admiringly as it flies over their allegedly mighty fortress.

Never rest on your laurels. Elon doesn't believe in lithium-air batteries, so he hires the guy that does! Science doesn't care what you believe. The thing that matters is what works. It's rather funny like that.

Badback

Valued Community Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
It's a very good sign. The human condition requires that we will never know everything. If someone cannot respond to that aspect of things in a positive manner, the person is likely doomed.

Elon knows things that many people seemingly yet don't realize. The Information age is making new things happen at geometrically increasing rates. This fact means that people without a head start can readily pass people who have previously had a giant head start, because what was fast yesterday really looks rather slow today, and what happens tomorrow will make things look positively ludicrous.

For example, people in Africa today have cell phones who have never had land lines, so their communication system did not waste all their time and materials by stringing out miles of wire or fiber all over a continent.

If you do not get why the rampaging changing of reality might be potentially funny today (if it were to be handled correctly), you are possibly not aware of what's up.

Elon's race with the existing auto industry reminds me of the guy who is running past his companions while being chased by the growling grizzly bear. His companions are just catching on to the fact that Elon does not have to outrun any fast bear, he just needs to outrun them.

Watch out for banana peels, my friends and neighbors, but their army travels on its stomach and has built the formidable Maginot Line, so respectfully, his army will wave admiringly as it flies over their allegedly mighty fortress.

Never rest on your laurels. Elon doesn't believe in lithium-air batteries, so he hires the guy that does! Science doesn't care what you believe. The thing that matters is what works. It's rather funny like that.
I am the grizzly bear!

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
@TrevP,

I watched the Code Conference and when he started on the whole AI thing in response to someone's question during QAS I thought wow.....it made me really not only think about but consider things I've never really even considered....I.e. The whole 'augmented reality' us being in an AI's game being 'played out' by THEM.

Ski

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Elon Musk's deadpan humor works well on Twitter

(with captions, since our twitter linking seems to be acting up - or is it just my computer?)

@elongmusk "Promising early results from the Ludicrous Easter egg. Looks like 0-60 mph in 2.34 sec (Motor Trend spec) might be achievable..."

@sama "@elonmusk sad day for mclaren/ferrari/porsche/koenigegg/scc"

@brandonr182 "You're wrong @sama @elonmusk. It's not just about 0-60 speed. It's about emotion, noise and feeling. Tesla has speed, that's it."

@elonmusk "@brandonr182 @sama Have you tried steam engines? They are amazing."

Red Sage

The Cybernetic Samurai
Country
Country
Elon Musk's deadpan humor works well on Twitter

(with captions, since our twitter linking seems to be acting up - or is it just my computer?)

@elongmusk "Promising early results from the Ludicrous Easter egg. Looks like 0-60 mph in 2.34 sec (Motor Trend spec) might be achievable..."

@sama "@elonmusk sad day for mclaren/ferrari/porsche/koenigegg/scc"

@brandonr182 "You're wrong @sama @elonmusk. It's not just about 0-60 speed. It's about emotion, noise and feeling. Tesla has speed, that's it."

@elonmusk "@brandonr182 @sama Have you tried steam engines? They are amazing."
Hmmm... Why does that answer make me think Elon is referring to Ninja High School's fascination with STEAM and similar graphic novel subjects?

Red Sage

The Cybernetic Samurai
Country
Country
I love how he shuts up that troll with single a single sarcastic comment :D
I love it too. Because anyone who believes that speed doesn't bring on emotion is probably dead inside. He probably does need a steam engine in his life, to wake up the inner child.

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey, don't knock it 'til you try it.
  • Very quiet
  • Incredible amounts of torque
  • No transmission required - direct drive
  • The exhaust is good ol' H₂O
Other than that last point, it sounds like I'm describing a Tesla.

Last edited:

Red Sage

The Cybernetic Samurai
Country
Country
Hey, don't knock it 'til you try it.
  • Very quiet
  • Incredible amounts of torque
  • No transmission required - direct drive
  • The only exhaust is good ol' H₂O
Other than that last point, it sounds like I'm describing a Tesla.
Truly impressive. Shows absolute dedication to the art and science of steam production and locomotion. But man, is that apparatus incredibly complex and voluminous! The bodywork is an exceptional means to conceal all the machinery in a sensible fashion. It would take a lot to get all that to fit within the confines of a more modern 2+2, such as a Chevrolet Camaro or Honda Prelude. But 150 HP with 1,000 lb-ft torque is a very nice consolation.