1. It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Entertainment System Always Switches to Phone

Discussion in 'Software and Firmware' started by Impatient, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Impatient

Expand Collapse

Country
    After less than two weeks with my Model 3 I think I've identified the most frustrating behavior: No matter what music source I have selected, and no matter how briefly I'm out of the car, the entertainment system switches to streaming music from my phone when I return.

How hard is it to remember for five minutes what my music source was?!?!?

I'm still on firmware 2018.4.9, so maybe this behavior is fixed on later firmware versions. I can only hope.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. LucyferSam

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Has yet to be fixed as of 2018.10.5, though I'm not sure it always defaults to phone - Slacker seems to keep going fine getting in and out of the car but USB not so much. I think it is mostly because it takes time to re-access the USB drive and so it attempts to pull a different music source instead of waiting for the drive to become available (not that it should need spend time to re-access the drive, but it does, can take a couple minutes on my 64gb drive).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Impatient

Expand Collapse

Country
    And I've been solely listening to USB since I got the car, so maybe I should reduce my frustration by switching to Slacker for a while, in the hope that a firmware update will fix things. Of course, our Model S still switches back to the same radio station 75% of the time that I leave the car and return, no matter what my audio source was when I departed and it's done that for years, so I'm not really holding out hope.

4. LucyferSam

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Yea, I'm pretty much in the same boat, though dad's S does hold it's USB input fine, so I've been figuring the 3 would get there soonish (though who knows when we'll get random playback...).

5. Impatient

Expand Collapse

Country
    Dear Elon:

It's clear that the QA department in charge of the entertainment system consists of three stoners and a Magic 8 Ball. Please hire someone to actually test and debug the entertainment system. It's something we drivers use extensively whenever we're in the car.

Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. RunCycle

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    That's funny.. My complaint is that it doesn't find my phone some of the time. I am not using USB though. My car does seem to remember what source of music it was on so far. (Played streaming music and it remembered where it was.)