European Shipping MEGATHREAD

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
looks like the Glovis Captain

Code:
Moderator note - will update this first post in this thread to track ships for a few months until most early reservationists have their cars

Date of Departure        Ship Name                Destination            Date of Arrival
January 12, 2019           Glovis Captain          Zeebrugge              Feb 5, 2019
January 19, 2019           Glovis Cosmos          Zeebrugge              Feb 11, 2019
January 26, 2019           Grand Aurora            Zeebrugge              Estimated Feb 15 
February 2, 2019           CCCS Europe             Zeebrugge              Estimated Feb XX
February 6, 2019           Glovis Captain          Bremerhaven          Feb 6, 2019 - this ship left cars at Zeebrugge on 2/5/19 and continued on to this port.
February 10, 2019         Glovis Courage is in port at SFO - payload and destination unknown at this time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swann

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We know now that at least one of the boat to transport Model 3 from San Francisco to Zeebrugge (Belgique) is GLOVIS CAPTAIN. I have a subscription that allows me to track down boats (I have 2 boats) with notifications and destinations with AIS device.

the boat was in portland this week (PDX).

I will have notifications when it leaves now

Attachments

Last edited:

Lynkjapp

Country
Country
On the Norwegian TM3 forum there's a guy who did some detective work on facebook and actually got in contact with one of the crew on the Glovis Captain, who reportedly said they had loaded 2000 Teslas. Not certain yet if they were all Model 3s. So we'll have to hope for another ship as soon as possible. :)

greg2011

M3OC Supporting Member
Country
Country
On the Norwegian TM3 forum there's a guy who did some detective work on facebook and actually got in contact with one of the crew on the Glovis Captain, who reportedly said they had loaded 2000 Teslas. Not certain yet if they were all Model 3s. So we'll have to hope for another ship as soon as possible. :)
I was wondering how long it would take "one of us" to do that. :p

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I hope all of our European brothers and sisters don't mind but I am watching this thread with excitement for you all to start getting your cars! It reminds me of early 2018 for the U.S. and all the excitement that took place here. I can't wait for you all to experience it, super happy for you all!!!! GO FASTER GLOVIS CAPTAIN!!!! :)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla just called and mine is scheduled for end of Feb in Belgium
I was nr 3 t order in Belgium
My car would not be on the Glovis Captain but "things would move fast from now on"

3LR

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Tesla just called and mine is scheduled for end of Feb in Belgium
I was nr 3 t order in Belgium
My car would not be on the Glovis Captain but "things would move fast from now on"
End of February is only six weeks out. Makes me wonder if there is any chance Tesla has Model 3s on a ship ahead of the Glovis Captain..

I have a blue M3P on order. Reservation from May 18, and order from 6 Dec 18. Have not heard from Tesla yet.
E-mail said expect February delivery if you order before 31 Dec. And I was assured that adding FSD would not bump my delivery time.

Stefan Grasse

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
End of February is only six weeks out. Makes me wonder if there is any chance Tesla has Model 3s on a ship ahead of the Glovis Captain..

I have a blue M3P on order. Reservation from May 18, and order from 6 Dec 18. Have not heard from Tesla yet.
E-mail said expect February delivery if you order before 31 Dec. And I was assured that adding FSD would not bump my delivery time.
The first ship should arrive Feb 3th.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Even if a 2nd ship leaves one week after the Glovis Captain, I can still get it early as the ships only dock an hour away from my service center

3LR

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Even if a 2nd ship leaves one week after the Glovis Captain, I can still get it early as the ships only dock an hour away from my service center
Yeah yeah, rub it in.. ;)
It's funny how a normally unknown cargo ship has become a household name with every Tesla reservationist in Europe! I love it.
You have no idea..
The Norwegian EV foundations forum members crashed the http://sfbayospreys.org website a few days ago because their webcam covers some of the pier...
I´m not kidding. (go to the site and choose the "Around the nest" cam.)

The next ship to stock up on Model 3s is probably the Glovis Cosmos. Bound for SFO and docking in two days.... then... Grand Aurora.
Click the boat names.... i might have a bit too much free time..