EVDirect 20" Turbine - Any first hand experiences?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi All -

Really struggling with the decision to go with 19" or 20" wheels...

Want the car looking as factory as possible, but would like to have a nice subtle pop in the look.

From my understanding the EV Direct Wheels are approximately 7 lbs heavier than the stock 19" premium wheels...

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the real world performance on a Model 3 with these wheels? What is your range? How much did it affect the acceleration? Ride quality issues?

Thank you

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi All -

Want the car looking as factory as possible, but would like to have a nice subtle pop in the look.

From my understanding the EV Direct Wheels are approximately 7 lbs heavier than the stock 19" premium wheels...

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the real world performance on a Model 3 with these wheels? What is your range? How much did it affect the acceleration? Ride quality issues?

Thank you
I ordered the 20" wheels, but after waiting for a couple weeks, I let them know by email that I wished to talk to somebody, and to provide a phone number. They emailed back letting me know that they had no intention of making direct contact by phone with their customers; I became apprehensive thinking the whole thing might be a scam, and cancelled my order. I ended up purchasing my wheels from GetYourWheels in Santa Fe Springs, CA. Better product, and great guys to do business with.
DSC07932 Cropped(2).jpg

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered the 20" wheels, but after waiting for a couple weeks, I let them know by email that I wished to talk to somebody, and to provide a phone number. They emailed back letting me know that they had no intention of making direct contact by phone with their customers; I became apprehensive thinking the whole thing might be a scam, and cancelled my order. I ended up purchasing my wheels from GetYourWheels in Santa Fe Springs, CA. Better product, and great guys to do business with.
I actually got the 20" EV Direct wheels within a week after ordering. My Model 3 has been delayed so I don't have the car yet though =/.

Duy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I went with tsportline 19 inch and been really happy with it. They're based in Los Angeles. I had the 18 inch aero wheels and with 19 they seem to handle better. I got Michelin pilot sport 4s on them. Looks wise think similar to what you're looking at. During Memorial Day sale they were 15% off and free shipping so pretty comparable in price
Hi All -

Thank you

Attachments

oneshortguy

Country
Country
View attachment 10124
Well that a terrible way to handle customer service.

Watts4me

View attachment 10124
What drop do you have?

thril

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think it pretty stupid on my part for doing business with a company that can only be contacted through email, and have no way of verifying their history or performance, I don't know what I was thinking.
I'm not surprised about email only. It's expensive to be available on the phone. I would guess it is a small business with one or two people plus the outsource of the manufacturing. Their prices are so much better, that is why I want some confirmation on build quality and customer satisfaction.

I am considering their 18" option for pre-order to swap the stock tires onto. I was also wanting to see results from others to verify it's legit, but personally the email thing doesn't seem like a big deal to me. They are a sponsor of Teslanomics which seems like it might lend some credibility.

Will be interesting to see if more people reply with pics of wheels from them. I am interested to see how they compare to the official Tesla Turbine wheels in reality.

thril

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I went with tsportline 19 inch and been really happy with it. They're based in Los Angeles. I had the 18 inch aero wheels and with 19 they seem to handle better. I got Michelin pilot sport 4s on them. Looks wise think similar to what you're looking at. During Memorial Day sale they were 15% off and free shipping so pretty comparable in price
Do you have any other pics of the wheels? Such as close up? Maybe it is the lighting, but they look a lot glossier than i expected based on the photos they have on their site.

Are they the 19's?

Duy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here's a shot in the tint shop so different lighting. Yes they're 19s

Do you have any other pics of the wheels? Such as close up? Maybe it is the lighting, but they look a lot glossier than i expected based on the photos they have on their site.

Are they the 19's?

Attachments

thril

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks @Duy! I am convinced, they are dead ringers for the OEM ones.

Wonder if EVDirect will start making/reselling wheels styled based on the new Twin Turbine's. May not translate as well to 19's as the original Turbine style.

Duy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wow those do look awesome would totally have done those if they were an option. I did get the ceramic coating done throughout the car so it may have made the wheels a bit more glossier then normal too.

Thanks @Duy! I am convinced, they are dead ringers for the OEM ones.

Wonder if EVDirect will start making/reselling wheels styled based on the new Twin Turbine's. May not translate as well to 19's as the original Turbine style.

W

oneshortguy

Country
Country
I'm not surprised about email only. It's expensive to be available on the phone. I would guess it is a small business with one or two people plus the outsource of the manufacturing. Their prices are so much better, that is why I want some confirmation on build quality and customer satisfaction.

I am considering their 18" option for pre-order to swap the stock tires onto. I was also wanting to see results from others to verify it's legit, but personally the email thing doesn't seem like a big deal to me. They are a sponsor of Teslanomics which seems like it might lend some credibility.

Will be interesting to see if more people reply with pics of wheels from them. I am interested to see how they compare to the official Tesla Turbine wheels in reality.
Bad customer service is more expensive through lost sales. Sponsorship does not mean credibility.

Are they the 19's?
https://tsportline.com/products/19-tst-tesla-wheel-set-of-4-model-3

They flood almost all their product listings with photos.

midnight-silver-metallic-tesla-model-3-19-inch-metallic-gray-grey-tst-wm-1.jpg midnight-silver-metallic-tesla-model-3-19-inch-metallic-gray-grey-tst-wm-3.jpg midnight-silver-metallic-tesla-model-3-19-inch-metallic-gray-grey-tst-wm-4.jpg

thril

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@oneshortguy I said the sponsorship lends 'some credibility'. Specifically I mean, here is someone with 50k followers who's reputation is on the line if they endorse a sketchy company. I still would like to find enough examples of satisfied customers before ordering something in that price range from a small company. But I'm personally willing to spend the time investigating that to save a few hundred dollars over the company you linked to. As far as I know T-Sportline is just as much of an unknown or small operation.

I was hoping for real photos from an actual customer versus the shots provided by the company to hope what they ship is par to the photos.

For me, the not taking phone calls isn't unreasonable if it means the hours allocated by the business translate to cost savings to me. It's much more efficient for a small business to answer emails at a set period each day than have someone assigned to answer a phone. That's just me, I get others want higher level of service and are willing to pay a premium for it.

While ordering my Model 3 I waited up to 4 days for Tesla to return phone calls and emails to me, more than once after being assigned a specific rep for the sale. It was irritating but I get they are prioritizing people closest to the day of delivery and trying to ship a lot of product with limited staff resources.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@JiveTalkinRobot

Saw your thread with your wheels and your car looks great:
https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/model-3-20-ev-direct-turbine-wheels-and-satin-gray-wrap.7732/

What do you think of them so far? I'm thinking of ordering a set.
Great! They look even better now that I stopped by the Tesla service center and got the Model S center caps.

Going from 18" to 20" I lost some efficiency as well. I get about 287 wh/mi. Some guy has the same wheels and gets 270 wh/mi, so it is probably my lead foot. Ride quality still feels fine, a bit stiffer, but still feels pretty dang good.

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Great! They look even better now that I stopped by the Tesla service center and got the Model S center caps.

Going from 18" to 20" I lost some efficiency as well. I get about 287 wh/mi. Some guy has the same wheels and gets 270 wh/mi, so it is probably my lead foot. Ride quality still feels fine, a bit stiffer, but still feels pretty dang good.
@JiveTalkinRobot,

What were you getting for efficiency on the 18’s?

Ski

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
@JiveTalkinRobot,

I’m confused....I guess what I’m asking is you said you lost efficiency going to the 20’s, what was the comparison on wh/mi on the 18’s vs. wh/mi on the 20’s?

Ski