garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This twitter thread is incredible.
Yes, sometimes scary, but I don't think it's FUD. It has a ring of truth to these software developer's ears.

Read at the risk of your own sanity.
If you just want to be happy with your Tesla ownership, skip it. :)

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Read a little, stopped reading, back to ignorant love ;)
For those of us who've been in a startup-level software-development situation, a lot of this sounds eerily familiar.

It's not all bad though - he mentions a couple times about how safe the basic car is. :)

ravisorg

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This twitter thread is incredible.
Yes, sometimes scary, but I don't think it's FUD. It has a ring of truth to these software developer's ears.

Read at the risk of your own sanity.
If you just want to be happy with your Tesla ownership, skip it. :)

Interesting reading. I know a guy that works at ford that tells stories exactly like this.

Not to say things can’t be improved. They should definitely work to that end. But ford seems to still be in business and all their customers haven’t died despite the same kind of stories.

MRinPDX

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I agree @garsh . Been there, done that. And he does sound like a typical sw eng; everyone else does dumb things, mgmt is ____, etc.:) What does he mean "we had firmware qa" I wonder. :fearscream:

miguelóy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for posting. I'm a developer myself so I enjoyed it and can relate. Or at least understand the mindset of guys like that (@MRinPDX - good description).

But it does remind me of the time I quit chorizo forever after reading an ingredients label.

Tombolian

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Fun read. Reminds me of a few engineers that I have the pleasure of working with. Sounds like any other company to me though; it comes down to the EEs leftover when the smarter ones vacate usually over salary. I honestly don't know how most of the companies in this world put their pants on correctly.