Exclusive Motor Trend Q&A at Gigafactory

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 10th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

Jaspal

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Question: Why can’t you show us the inside?

Answer: We asked, but Tesla prefers us not to show up-close shots of the interior, specifically the view of the dashboard, center-stack, or driver’s cockpit. Why? Because while this is a running prototype, it’s not quite finished – and according to Kim, the interior could dramatically change by the time the production Model 3 starts shipping. No need to get people worked up…

Question: Please open the trunk and frunk!

Answer: Sorry, we asked and can’t do that either. Again, this Model 3 isn’t quite ready for primetime.

Question: Where is the charging port?

Answer: Good question! The design intent is for the charging port to be where it is on the Model S – disguised as the left rear taillight. This prototype we have doesn’t have that built in yet, so the charging port is hidden.

Question: Zero to 60, quarter-mile, and top speed?

Answer: We don’t know those numbers either, but Musk did say during the reveal that the Model 3 would hit 60 in under 6 seconds.

FULL EXCLSIVE AT MOTOR TREND'S WEBSITE

http://www.motortrend.com/news/tesla-model-3-behind-the-scenes/

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Historically it's the interior that changes the most from prototypes to production cars with Tesla.

We're being led to believe not much will change with the dash and controls because of the production plans being accelerated however Elon's tweets and comments about "spaceship" controls belies that notion.

We'll see what happens but I have faith they will do something interesting.

Jaspal

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Historically it's the interior that changes the most from prototypes to production cars with Tesla.

We're being led to believe not much will change with the dash and controls because of the production plans being accelerated however Elon's tweets and comments about "spaceship" controls belies that notion.

We'll see what happens but I have faith they will do something interesting.
Interesting. I'd like to see what's th balance between them stating that it is a "High volume, Low cost car" and Elon stating that it will have "spaceship controls." All I can see them doing is creating a HUD and cleaning up the dashboard.