1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

Experience Before Committing

Discussion in 'Reserving, Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Tflick, May 1, 2016.

More threads by Tflick
  1. Tflick

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Chicago
    Given the history of Tesla's delivery and production protocol this is likely a silly hopeful.
    What is the likelihood of being able to experience driving a m3, or at the very least seeing/sitting in it at a local showroom before committing to the purchase? Being new to the EV world I test drove the mS few weeks ago and was astonished with the entire mS experience. I was like the several thousand others to put down the deposit, but, all things considered I anticipate the experience between the m3 vs the mS will be different.

2. MelindaV

☰ > 3
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Vancouver, WA
    Country
    Once the first reservation holders are invited to configure, the tesla showrooms likely will have a demo on-site, and believe how it was done with the S and X, 'event' days were set up at various locations for test drives.

3. teslaliving

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Boston
    Country
    There was a significant delay from the invitation to configure to when you could see one in person. For my X I wasn't in the sig or even very early production batch and yet I was invited to configure and order before any were available to see. That could also be the case with the 3 although with the better/faster production perhaps not.

4. Tflick

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Chicago
    Never having purchased a brand new car (always been a CPO guy) I am not sure how comfortable I will be in purchasing without ever seeing, sitting or experiencing the vehicle beforehand.
    I know several thousands of people have so I ask - what gave you the comfort of knowing you would like it enough to make that commitment? It is like seeing setting up an online blind date and having him/her meet your parents the same time.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • AEDennis

Top-Contributor
      Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Southern California, Most of the time...
      Country
      I rode in Tesla cars before I bought them, so I knew what to expect.

Though the 3 is not ready for test drives, try an S or X and you can get a feel as to what you would get with a 3.

• teslaliving

Top-Contributor
      Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Boston
      Country
      Same here, I test drove an S before I bought it. The X I had on reservation, test drove it then passed as it wasn't a good fit.

The 3 i'd buy without test driving it, no doubt it will be an amazing car that my family can use. The $110K+ X wasn't a good fit for us any more. 7 years earlier I really could have used it but now the kid is grown up and driver herself (in a dirty ICE!)