FAQ: Checklist of features for new owners to share

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging until FERUARY 1 2019 all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them this code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • Join @TrevP for Cars and Coffee in South Florida on Feb 3rd! More details here.

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Specs are the same as everyone else's that has priority access. I did order the sport wheels and midnight silver.
Woo hoo! Can't wait to see it! That's the configuration I'm probably getting!

Have any of you ordered EAP yet?

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry if I missed any questions, folks - promise it wasn't intentional. I'm occupied all weekend so I wanted to get as many answered tonight as I could. Hope it helps!

Dellfanboy

Country
Country
Sorry if I missed any questions, folks - promise it wasn't intentional. I'm occupied all weekend so I wanted to get as many answered tonight as I could. Hope it helps!
Thanks for taking the time! This was like an AMA. Can you comment on the max mile range? Also, can you show the user profile and if it includes lumbar position?

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
A couple requests, if I may!

1) While you're out there burning those tires, can you bring yourself to as low of a SoC as you feel comfortable with, pop by a good supercharger, and leave a camera filming the display while you charge up to 100% so that we can get a good sense of how the charge rate varies with state of charge? It can then be incorporated into route planning tools!

It'd be nice if you could do the same for CHAdeMO as well at some point, since the charge profile is usually very different due to the voltage climb over the course of a charge being the limiting factor rather than the max current that the vehicle can accept. If you don't have an adapter, I'm sure lots of people here would be glad to loan you one :)

2) Any news on what the data plan will cost when you have to start paying for it?

3) Also, I, like others, would love to see if there's any obvious mounting for a trailer hook in the future. :)

You two are awesome! Thanks for all the infodumps! :)

Last edited:
Country
Country
The stick is for a single swipe, menu is to turn on wipers to slow, fast, intermittent. No rain sensing from what I can tell.
@RiggerJon On some cars, when you turn on rain sensing wipers they do a single swipe unless/until they sense rain. I suspect that is what you noticed. It also makes sense to have rain sensing on the stick and manual speed control through the interface.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
2) Any news on what the data plan will cost when you have to start paying for it?
People have been asking this about the S since it came out and haven’t yet gotten an answer, so don’t expect anything on this. It’s in Tesla’s own interest to keep the cars connected and that may be why they have not pushed the issue of the free data expiring

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
People have been asking this about the S since it came out and haven’t yet gotten an answer, so don’t expect anything on this. It’s in Tesla’s own interest to keep the cars connected and that may be why they have not pushed the issue of the free data expiring
Well, according to the above, it should be expired immediately when the first non-PUP car goes to its first buyer in a couple months.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wow somehow I missed all of the fun. Congrats @RiggerJon and thanks for sharing! I think a lot of what you're sharing confirms why Tesla themselves hasn't shared and that's that the UI is still in progress. Very close, but work in progress. Of course the cool thing is that it will be a work in progress for the rest of time with regular updates, but it sounds like a few of the features are missing. A fair trade I'm sure for having your car a few months before the rest of us.

Enjoy! I expect your car to have 20,000 miles before mine comes in a few months ;)

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I expect you will be getting several updates over the next few months if not weeks. I've had my X for 3 months and I feel like I get 1-2 OTA updates a month already.
@PTFI has confirmed he's running the same SW ver that I'm running 2017.36. You will get an update soon with more features. Then another and then another...