FAQ: Checklist of features for new owners to share

Mistersandman

Country
Country
I didn’t see it on the first page but do the side mirrors fold in and out automatically? Are they motorized when folding in and out and can they fold in or out based on GPS location?

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I didn’t see it on the first page but do the side mirrors fold in and out automatically? Are they motorized when folding in and out and can they fold in or out based on GPS location?
They are motorized and automatically close when the doors lock & unlock. There is also a way to manually actuate the folding action from the UI. I haven't noticed a GPS option.

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
❑ Demonstrate climate control on for driver and off for passenger
The front has dual zones that can be in "sync" or split mode. The back air vents can be turned on/off via the UI. My kids initially want them on (it's hot here in Texas), but once the cabin cools down they want them off as the front air seems to keep the entire cabin comfortable. Being able to turn the back vents on/off has been a very useful feature.

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
❑ Trunk lighting
Now this is kinda cool. It's tough to get your bearings, but the image is taken from the bumper lookup up into the open trunk. Those are lights on the far left and right sides - so it has two lights. Interestingly enough, that sunroof looking thing is actually a vent to the main cabin. Those are my garage lights you see in the vent - showing through the vent cover material & roof glass. Extra light during the day, and it likely helps keep the trunk temps regulated. Friggin' brilliant.

Attachments

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just wanted to thank you so much riggerjon for all the great detailed info and pics. It really helps to bide the time between now and when we all get our cars. I'm sure ur turning heads left and right out there in Texas!

jmm3

Country
Country
@RiggerJon: Can you please measure the spacing between the wheel bolts in mm? Would like to confirm if the wheels are PCD 5x120 or 5x114.3 in order to see what aftermarket wheels will fit. If there are marking on the wheel itself for offset and width that would help greatly as well.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Now this is kinda cool. It's tough to get your bearings, but the image is taken from the bumper lookup up into the open trunk. Those are lights on the far left and right sides - so it has two lights. Interestingly enough, that sunroof looking thing is actually a vent to the main cabin. Those are my garage lights you see in the vent - showing through the vent cover material & roof glass. Extra light during the day, and it likely helps keep the trunk temps regulated. Friggin' brilliant.
So does this vent allow someone to see into the trunk when it is closed? thinking about security of items stashed in the trunk

Country
Country
So, I will pile on with the thanks for the info- appreciate you sharing your journey.

One question I had- is how is the space in the back with the seats laying flat (there is a image online of a cartoon of a person laying flat in the back of the 3 and having space for someone who is 6 feet tall with a bit of room to spare. Is that actually possible (and at all comfortable).

Wondering if it would actually work for camping... plus the pipe dream of full self driving becoming a reality and me laying down in the back for a nap on my way home after working my graveyard shifts :)

Thanks!

Country
Country
They are motorized and automatically close when the doors lock & unlock. There is also a way to manually actuate the folding action from the UI. I haven't noticed a GPS option.
So they don't fold in automatically when you approach the garage? It's too wide to fit into one half of our garage unless the mirrors are folded.