FAQ: Checklist of features for new owners to share

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging until FERUARY 1 2019 all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them this code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • Join @TrevP for Cars and Coffee in South Florida on Feb 3rd! More details here.

TE3LA

Country
Country
Now this is kinda cool. It's tough to get your bearings, but the image is taken from the bumper lookup up into the open trunk. Those are lights on the far left and right sides - so it has two lights. Interestingly enough, that sunroof looking thing is actually a vent to the main cabin. Those are my garage lights you see in the vent - showing through the vent cover material & roof glass. Extra light during the day, and it likely helps keep the trunk temps regulated. Friggin' brilliant.
Thanks for all the info @RiggerJon ! This is an interesting new detail. So is this vent a pass through? E.g. If someone throws something in the back window-well could it fall through to the trunk?

smak

Country
Country
Can you choose a different function of the screen ONLY by using the steering wheel controls?

If you want to change from air conditioning to maps, to phone, etc. Can you tab between them by using the steering wheel, or do you have to touch it on the screen first, and then use the steering wheel controls to change settings?

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for all the info @RiggerJon ! This is an interesting new detail. So is this vent a pass through? E.g. If someone throws something in the back window-well could it fall through to the trunk?
No - there's a metal screen that covers the vent. The vent is pretty much undetectable from the top and spans the rear deck. It hides the rear speakers, too. Had I not been standing in my head in to take the trunk light pic I would've never noticed it.

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Can you choose a different function of the screen ONLY by using the steering wheel controls?

If you want to change from air conditioning to maps, to phone, etc. Can you tab between them by using the steering wheel, or do you have to touch it on the screen first, and then use the steering wheel controls to change settings?
Currently it's only the latter - which seems like it would be the most efficient method anyway.

2170pwr

Country
Country
Now this is kinda cool. It's tough to get your bearings, but the image is taken from the bumper lookup up into the open trunk. Those are lights on the far left and right sides - so it has two lights. Interestingly enough, that sunroof looking thing is actually a vent to the main cabin. Those are my garage lights you see in the vent - showing through the vent cover material & roof glass. Extra light during the day, and it likely helps keep the trunk temps regulated. Friggin' brilliant.
Great, trunk ventilation and climate control! Now I can put the kids in the trunk without guilt.

;)

Country
Country
Never tried these so maybe someone else can fill in some info, but the general sense I get about these things is that the leagues make specific deals for who gets to stream audio online. I believe streaming audio is part of the MLB app (no idea if that’s a paid feature) so it would be doubtful theyd allow it streamed by the local station too. Anybody confirm this from experience?

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Hi - just a quick followup! :) Did you have a chance to check whether the phone dock supports wireless charging (I assume no?) or to snap some shots of the underside of the car?

(I'm assuming you haven't had the time to take a 100%-charging-video from a supercharger and one from CHAdeMO so the trip planners can be calibrated; one expects that sort of thing to take time! :) )

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi - just a quick followup! :) Did you have a chance to check whether the phone dock supports wireless charging (I assume no?) or to snap some shots of the underside of the car?

(I'm assuming you haven't had the time to take a 100%-charging-video from a supercharger and one from CHAdeMO so the trip planners can be calibrated; one expects that sort of thing to take time! :) )
There does not appear to be inductive phone charging.

No, I won't be able to test the supercharger for a while. I'm taking a trip in mid-Oct and might be able to post more info on this then.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi - just a quick followup! :) Did you have a chance to check whether the phone dock supports wireless charging (I assume no?)
Technically speaking you can do this on your own, but the more I think about it the more I realize it’s really not worth much. The phone can’t stay in your pocket and charge so if you have to place it in the phone dock area why not just drop it on the exposed cable. It’s going to hold your phone in place and most likely charge faster as well.

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Technically speaking you can do this on your own, but the more I think about it the more I realize it’s really not worth much. The phone can’t stay in your pocket and charge so if you have to place it in the phone dock area why not just drop it on the exposed cable. It’s going to hold your phone in place and most likely charge faster as well.
I take it you don't have a waterproof phone (USB port has a cover)

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Never tried these so maybe someone else can fill in some info, but the general sense I get about these things is that the leagues make specific deals for who gets to stream audio online. I believe streaming audio is part of the MLB app (no idea if that’s a paid feature) so it would be doubtful theyd allow it streamed by the local station too. Anybody confirm this from experience?
I have the MLB app that has streaming audio across the country and video (blacked out locally) but am able to still pull up the local AM radio station's website and listen to a game that way if for whatever reason it makes more sense... so at least for Seattle, the radio's own streaming web broadcast is not blacked out.