FAQ: Checklist of features for new owners to share

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging until FERUARY 1 2019 all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them this code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • Join @TrevP for Cars and Coffee in South Florida on Feb 3rd! More details here.

Mike

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I'm not sure where else to post these two questions to all the new Model 3 owners, so here goes....

With the stereo off and the HVAC settled to a low fan speed:

(1) what is the level of wind noise around the (frameless) window seals at speeds between 80 kph (50 mph) and 120 kph (75 mph), and

(2) driving over manholes, railway crossings and the like, what squeaks, rattles and/or groans have been heard?

I'm sure once the initial software related questions are answered, time can be found to focus on some of these more pedestrian issues of noise, vibration and harshness (NVH).

Many thanks,

Cheers.

Juergen

Country
Country
A question about the phone box. Did it have a internal antenna to external? A phone in the deep of a car have a very bad reception and the battery goes quickly low.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
ok.......

if the official trunk cubic area is 15..... and the trunk opening is 42" wide (and pix look like the space is at least as wide as the opening if not slightly larger) and the front to back space is 40" (reducing from the 42" you mentioned to account for the seat leaning back and the curve of the rear of the trunk space) and the height clearance to the rear window sill is 18" that gives us a minimum of 30,240 cubic inches, or 17.5 cubic feet.

Tesla's 15CF seems to be squaring off a lot of the small spaces and rounding down significantly, and not taking into account the lower trunk bin or the frunk....

Last edited:

Country
Country
@RiggerJon Can you describe the material of the seats? Is it shiny or Matte, smooth or textured. And is it true black or greuish. A closeup pic would help.

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm not sure where else to post these two questions to all the new Model 3 owners, so here goes....

With the stereo off and the HVAC settled to a low fan speed:

(1) what is the level of wind noise around the (frameless) window seals at speeds between 80 kph (50 mph) and 120 kph (75 mph), and

(2) driving over manholes, railway crossings and the like, what squeaks, rattles and/or groans have been heard?

I'm sure once the initial software related questions are answered, time can be found to focus on some of these more pedestrian issues of noise, vibration and harshness (NVH).

Many thanks,

Cheers.
1) I've not noticed any noise from around the window seals. I'm sure some exists, but it's not been enough to notice. This is my first EV, and the cabin is eerily quiet below 50 mph.
2) No rattles or squeaks over bumps - feels solid & compliant. The only noise I've heard is when backing out of my steep driveway diagonally - where it tries to twist the car. The window seals ever so slightly make a noise is it's flexing against the rubber seals.

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@RiggerJon Can you describe the material of the seats? Is it shiny or Matte, smooth or textured. And is it true black or greuish. A closeup pic would help.
Matte black. I think it's a leather alternative made from bamboo. It's true black, but because it's matte it can look lighter depending on how the light hits it. One pic really won't do it justice.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Can u please post a pic of the AP camera area and the rearview mirror as seen from the outside the front windshield? In the AP2 Model S/X, there is a light sensor or camera built into the back of the rearview mirror but I think this has been moved to above the 3 AP cameras. This is a pic of my current setup in an X.

20170924_135226.jpg

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
IMG_2125.JPG
Can u please post a pic of the AP camera area and the rearview mirror as seen from the outside the front windshield? In the AP2 Model S/X, there is a light sensor or camera built into the back of the rearview mirror but I think this has been moved to above the 3 AP cameras. This is a pic of my current setup in an X.

View attachment 3473

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It’s not saving the seat?

From what I understand it should be available after 50 miles. You should just need to flick down on the right stalk but it’s possible you need to go into settings first to enable it before it will work.
Yes, it does save seats - corrected that statement. Good catch - thx!

EAP isn't active yet. I heard there'll be a third submenu under the car emblem for EAP settings. I also heard it's two flicks on the right stalk to use it. One flick is normal cruise control.

EV-lution

Country
Country
Now this is kinda cool. It's tough to get your bearings, but the image is taken from the bumper lookup up into the open trunk. Those are lights on the far left and right sides - so it has two lights. Interestingly enough, that sunroof looking thing is actually a vent to the main cabin. Those are my garage lights you see in the vent - showing through the vent cover material & roof glass. Extra light during the day, and it likely helps keep the trunk temps regulated. Friggin' brilliant.
Do you have a top view of the opening (from the shelf behind the seat)? I don't see it in this picture.

Attachments

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Do you have a top view of the opening (from the shelf behind the seat)? I don't see it in this picture.
You can see it in that 5th pic. That enire big panel at the bottom of the window is a perforated metal grate. Like I said, you'd never notice it's not a solid panel unless you're looking up through the trunk.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
If there is, it's not obvious.
Yep. Totally different mirror. They moved they sensor above the AP cameras.

Another very important thing in that pic of the rearview mirror shows how much space is in the back seat after two full size car seats are installed. No room for a person in between which is typical for most sedans.