FAQ: Checklist of features for new owners to share

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging until FERUARY 1 2019 all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them this code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • Join @TrevP for Cars and Coffee in South Florida on Feb 3rd! More details here.

Country
Country
You can see it in that 5th pic. That enire big panel at the bottom of the window is a perforated metal grate. Like I said, you'd never notice it's not a solid panel unless you're looking up through the trunk.
This might be not true, but the acoustically transparent (speaker grill) nature of that panel might contribute to interior noise suppression. The handlebar well in the floor below it might also make a difference.

If you get a chance to measure ambient noise between driver and passenger at 70mph with your favorite smart phone sound meter, that would be great!

Then see how it changes based on what you put in the trunk:

1) A wadded up canvas tarp
2) Door off the handlebar well
3) Grill removed and 'fun noodle ' foam lining the edge with dogs in the trunk.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Yes, it does save seats - corrected that statement. Good catch - thx!

EAP isn't active yet. I heard there'll be a third submenu under the car emblem for EAP settings. I also heard it's two flicks on the right stalk to use it. One flick is normal cruise control.
I'm assuming it's similar to the Model S where 1 flick is TACC and the second flick add steering which makes it AP. So if you do it now, you don't even have dumb cruise control?

Country
Country
Hi!

have been following this thread for some time now (will explore the rest of the site later) and I first of all wanted to give a big, big thank you to everyone here. To those who are sharing all this detailed information, those asking the questions and/or compiling it in such wonderful organized lists and overviews. I love it and really appreciate it! :)

Having said this, I would also like to add a question:

Are the backseats comfortable for an adult?

To be more precise:
I know there's enough space for a fairly long person, but I'm mostly worried about the distance between the floor and seat and the resulting angle for legs and knees when sitting.

The recent video by OCDetailing hasn't really helped. See around 3m59s (linked) and 4m25s:

I don't own a Tesla yet, but during a Model S test drive I personally also had the impression that the floor was fairly high (b/c/ of the battery pack) which gave me a bit of a "I'm folded up" kind of feeling. (I'm just over 6ft and my legs are relatively long). In the video, the level of the knees almost seem to equal that of the lower part of the rib cage.. but it might be an optical illusion.

Asking this, I realize this is a very subjective thing. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

Generally though, the Model 3 is looking better and better because of this thread! :)

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I do have basic cruise control. Speed is adjusted manually on the UI once activated from on flick on the stick.
I assume those that dont buy EAP will have your dumb cruise control but that's only a guess. @PTFI didn't buy EAP so he can confirm this. Another thing to watch for is when EAP becomes active to see if @PTFI gets TACC.

Last edited:

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I do have basic cruise control. Speed is adjusted manually on the UI once activated from on flick on the stick.
Is that a pair of buttons on the UI? Like a Plus and Minus that is easy to get to?
Thanks for all this great info!

arnis

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Question to Model 3 owner. What does the small button on the climate control settings do?
It has two stickmans, one is grayed out.

Does it
a) switch off rear vents (feet/face).
b) switch off rear and passenger vents (feet/face)
c) syncs left and right temperature settings?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is that a pair of buttons on the UI? Like a Plus and Minus that is easy to get to?
Thanks for all this great info!
Ultimately this should be easily controlled on the steering wheel but the final UI may not be ready yet.

Basic cruise control... speed
EAP... distance between cars, etc.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Question to Model 3 owner. What does the small button on the climate control settings do?

Does it
a) switch off rear vents.
b) switch off rear and passenger vents (foot/face)

From the delivery video with @RiggerJon they said that turns on/off the rear vents. That makes sense as you can see the vents in the rear only have directional controls.

arnis

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
From the delivery video with @RiggerJon they said that turns on/off the rear vents. That makes sense as you can see the vents in the rear only have directional controls.
Though they did not confirm vents for passenger (as some EU EV's have "driver only" button, driver's feet, face, defrost full width).
Ok, but if it disables rear middle console vent, does it also disable rear foot vents (both sides)?

a1000wtp

Hi!

have been following this thread for some time now (will explore the rest of the site later) and I first of all wanted to give a big, big thank you to everyone here. To those who are sharing all this detailed information, those asking the questions and/or compiling it in such wonderful organized lists and overviews. I love it and really appreciate it! :)

To be more precise:
I know there's enough space for a fairly long person, but I'm mostly worried about the distance between the floor and seat and the resulting angle for legs and knees when sitting.

The recent video by OCDetailing hasn't really helped. See around 3m59s (linked) and 4m25s:

I don't own a Tesla yet, but during a Model S test drive I personally also had the impression that the floor was fairly high (b/c/ of the battery pack) which gave me a bit of a "I'm folded up" kind of feeling. (I'm just over 6ft and my legs are relatively long). In the video, the level of the knees almost seem to equal that of the lower part of the rib cage.. but it might be an optical illusion.

Asking this, I realize this is a very subjective thing. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

Generally though, the Model 3 is looking better and better because of this thread! :)

A lot of people agree that that video is a little misleading. If you watch you can see that he scoots back to show the head room after the leg room shot. It looks like he was comfortably slouching when he was showing how comfortable the back was. I think there's a lot more room there than meets the eye.

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Does it
a) switch off rear vents (feet/face).
b) switch off rear and passenger vents (feet/face)

It toggles on/off the rear vents.

Country
Country
A lot of people agree that that video is a little misleading. If you watch you can see that he scoots back to show the head room after the leg room shot. It looks like he was comfortably slouching when he was showing how comfortable the back was. I think there's a lot more room there than meets the eye.
Yes, he does scoot back at a moment, I agree with that; There might be a lot more room than shown.
Then again, I do have my Model S test drive experience, so that combination triggered my question.

Tesla put a lot of thinking into this car, so I'm certainly optimistic! :)

plankeye

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@RiggerJon, thanks for all the great info! I'm in Dallas and can't wait to get my 3 next year.

Can you tell, or do you know if the steering wheel is covered with real or faux leather?

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi!

To be more precise:

I'm 6 feet tall and had the drivers seat adjusted comfortably for me. With this configuration the back seat had plenty of room for me to sit comfortably. I didn't feel like my knees were unusually high.

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@RiggerJon, thanks for all the great info! I'm in Dallas and can't wait to get my 3 next year.

Can you tell, or do you know if the steering wheel is covered with real or faux leather?
I don't know for sure, but I think it's the same as the seats, which I'm told is a type of synthetic leather made from bamboo.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I don't know for sure, but I think it's the same as the seats, which I'm told is a type of synthetic leather made from bamboo.
Last I heard Tesla’s were “all vegan” with the exception being a leather wrapped steering wheel.