FAQ: Checklist of features for new owners to share

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging until FERUARY 1 2019 all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them this code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • Join @TrevP for Cars and Coffee in South Florida on Feb 3rd! More details here.

Rich M

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi All,

I have received my snap in sun shade. see images below. The shade twists to reduce in size to fit the bag. The initial twist is obvious but then you have to twist it again. The shade is an open mesh. Depending on how the glass really attenuates the sun/heat, Im still considering professional tinting.

I also ordered 2 USB-A to lightning cables. They are 14" long.

Getting ready.....

View attachment 3078
I'd pony up for a quilted version of that sun shade for driving on sub freezing winter nights. Cabin heater or not, that glass probably gets COOOLD. (Hats are overrated)

DFTT

Country
Country
Feature addition:

Tesla App for Apple Watch

Once your Apple Watch (with the Apple Watch Tesla app) is paired with your iPhone that has the Tesla app, you won't need either a key card or your iPhone to unlock the doors and drive away. The data is secured on your Apple Watch (just like Apple Pay).

BobLoblaw

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Feature addition:

Tesla App for Apple Watch

Once your Apple Watch (with the Apple Watch Tesla app) is paired with your iPhone that has the Tesla app, you won't need either a key card or your iPhone to unlock the doors and drive away. The data is secured on your Apple Watch (just like Apple Pay).
Oh boy. If that works I'll be buying an Apple Watch! Could be the killer app that has been keeping my wrist "old school"...

I like the way you think!

Country
Country
Dimensions of the "extra" space in trunk under the cover
Bags that store the UMC and or hitch
HD FM
Many of you have already listed the more important features, but I have one that isn't on the list as far as I can see... Is there an AM radio?? I don't use it often, but it is how I would potentially listen to local sports teams games.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Many of you have already listed the more important features, but I have one that isn't on the list as far as I can see... Is there an AM radio?? I don't use it often, but it is how I would potentially listen to local sports teams games.
AM is available thru the streaming radio, but not as a terrestrial AM radio. You can check for your local favorites here

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Darby the motors and power electronics will badly interfere with AM broadcast reception
People were upset enough when Apple abandoned 30-year-old technology with the headphone jack. No doubt some will be upset Tesla is abandoning 100-year-old tech of the AM radio.
Frankly I haven't listened to AM or FM since I got satellite radio 16 years ago! But I'm an early adopter...

Country
Country
@Darby the motors and power electronics will badly interfere with AM broadcast reception
People were upset enough when Apple abandoned 30-year-old technology with the headphone jack. No doubt some will be upset Tesla is abandoning 100-year-old tech of the AM radio.
Frankly I haven't listened to AM or FM since I got satellite radio 16 years ago! But I'm an early adopter...
Fair enough, totally understand. As I said, I don't listen to it often, but would like the option to hear games without buying a subscription. It's just one more streaming service to add to the list. More a frustration I guess. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue but logically it makes sense to drop the AM radio.

John

Tech Founder
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Assuming the amount of data and network coverage where you are driving never becomes an issue, having streaming radio not only solves the AM issue, but it gives you AM from everywhere—for instance, "local coverage" of things like sports events thousands of miles away. And it has less interference and sounds better.

So—again, assuming you've in a decent mobile network territory—it's better than having AM.

PTFI

FIRST OWNER!
FIRST MODEL 3 OWNER
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
a place to compile a list of features we've not yet seen, to give those first owners ideas of what to document and share:

Exterior:
❑ Does card (phone's BLE) unlock all doors?
❑ How the Aero wheel covers come off/go on
❑ Opening Trunk (from app and screen only? exterior button?)
❑ Opening Frunk (from app and screen only? exterior button?)
❑ What can fit in the Trunk
❑ What can fit in the Frunk
❑ Roof rack attachment
❑ Hitch attachment
❑ Confirm exterior width/length
❑ Horn sound
❑ Jack points
❑ Mounted front plate frame
✓ Washer nozzles wiper mounted photo

Interior:
❑ Seat heaters - front
❑ Seat heaters - back
❑ Heated steering wheel?
❑ Windshield wipers (auto? manual adjustments?)
❑ 12-way adjustable seats (what are the 12?, headrests? max recline?)
❑ Optional snap-in sunshade (photos outside of car)
❑ More trunk dimensions (already noted as 42" wide x 18" opening, but what is the actual trunk capacity depth)
❑ Hight of pass-thru when seats are folded down
❑ Actual trunk/frunk capacity
❑ Size of under cover trunk bin
❑ Does the trunk or frunk include a 12V outlet
❑ Trunk lighting
✓Frunk lighting photo
❑ Climate control on for driver and off for passenger
❑ Interior 12V outlet location
❑ UMC, included adaptors & storage case
❑ Tow hitch storage case

Tech:
❑ Setting/adjusting AP following distance
❑ Homelink settings/options
❑ Summoning in/out of garage
❑ Tesla app walkthrough (Model 3 specific)
❑ Audio (streaming, USB, phone, FM) walk-thru
❑ is FM HD or standard?
❑ Energy consumed graphs during & per trip
❑ Setting functions to steering wheel buttons
❑ Do wheel buttons push in also?
❑ Control of rear seat air vents
❑ Access/location of the 12V battery
❑ Window/door safety child safety lockout
❑ USB amps?
❑ Toll transponder ideal location
❑ Is Tesla using a Gentex mirror with the integrated transponder?
❑ Function with multiple phones plugged in
❑ Replacement NFC card from Tesla & deactivating prior card(s)
❑ Is there any risk to magnetic media in the cabin/trunk/frunk?
❑ Is the pedestrian audio warning already included? if so, what does it sound like?
❑ How many user profiles, what profiles control
❑ OBDII as a power source?

User Opinion & etc (subjective):
❑ Screen glare
❑ Ease of getting in/out of
❑ Comfort of seats & overall ergonomics
❑ Maintenance plans & schedules as provided/suggested by Tesla at Delivery
❑ Does regen feel the same as on S/X?
❑ PUP audio sound
Holy Sheet!!!!!
Now that's a list!!!
LOL!!!!!!

I will have to print this out and use it as my checklist if you all don't mind?????

Thanks in advance

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
One of the most important questions to me, that I hardly ever see anyone talk about, is whether or not there will be any radar-blocking metallic film on the front and back windshields. I doubt it will based on the newest S versions, but it would be nice to have confirmation. Tesla doesn't make slow cars, and I needs my Valentine 1.

JBsC6

Country
Country
Non glass roof panel should be black ....or at least we can hope.

The relatively small painted portion of the roof to rear glass would in my opinion be more harmonious if the roof portion was just painted black. (Instead of the up market model with its all glass roof )

When that information releases it will be interesting..

All black roofs also visually lower the vehicle..

teslaliving

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Having created a couple apps designed to run on Tesla's in-car browser (EVtripping.com, TezLab Dash) I'm really interested to see if anyone can confirm or deny the presence of the web browser in the Model 3.

Country
Country
How's the leg support of front and rear seats? (high floor like MS? real person sitting pictures needed)
Two adults lying in the back. (camper mode, rear seats folded)
How to activate TACC and AP separately? (only AP icon on the stick)
What's the actual view of driver and rear passenger? (eye-level-height pictures/videos)
Does wood trim cause light-color shadows on side mirror or front windshield?
(eye-level-height pictures needed)
Browser? Y->Where is it? N->Will there be one?

Welcome to edit the contents above due to my poor English.
Thanks in advance!!

Last edited: