FAQ: Checklist of features for new owners to share

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging until FERUARY 1 2019 all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them this code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • Join @TrevP for Cars and Coffee in South Florida on Feb 3rd! More details here.

PTFI

FIRST OWNER!
FIRST MODEL 3 OWNER
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If it helps, in the manual pages that got leaked, they showed the Cruise Control sign, not the AP sign. I think they probably changed the design so it could be used for all cars and be standard - regardless of EAP status.
Wow...a "Real Model 3" manual would be awesome!

I've owned the car for 1 month now...still no manual.

That's one of the reasons why I LOVE THIS FORUM!

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If it helps, in the manual pages that got leaked, they showed the Cruise Control sign, not the AP sign. I think they probably changed the design so it could be used for all cars and be standard - regardless of EAP status.
So where is this leaked owners manual that you speak of?

rbet

Country
Country
Yes, my MINI and BMW 1 series had frameless windows. Despite the common issues I never had regulator issues. I'm upset they went with framed window with the Countryman/Paceman, and my current paceman has lots of issues with the window raising, constantly reversing because it sees too much friction in the frame.
Frameless windows are awesome on two-doors. I really don't like four door cars. Should have added that to my list of things I'll miss. I've been joking with friends that I plan to weld my Model 3's rear doors shut.
It is not "frameless" that kills BMW window regulators, it's lack of use. I had to replace the back window regulators in my 3-series and X-3. We never rolled down back windows, when somebody finally did the regulators broke. BMW said to roll them down every so often.

Sandy

One obsession to the next
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Unfortunately, I don't know the answer. Although I configured with EAP when the order was placed, the car wasn't delivered with EAP. I had to call and have the issue resolved after taking delivery, so I have the standard CC symbol on the stalk.
I have the standard speedo CC symbol
Thanks guys! The picture that shows the CC symbol is the car Franz took to the MT ‘first drive’ exclusive. If it’s actually his I would imagine he has EAP. They may only be using the CC symbol on all versions. Totally minor point but I was interested.

Sandy

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I agree now.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@RiggerJon you mentioned right after you got your car you thought the steering wheel was smaller (I think thats right) than your prior car.... could you give its overall diameter? and the front cup holders? :)

Sandy

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@RiggerJon you mentioned right after you got your car you thought the steering wheel was smaller (I think thats right) than your prior car.... could you give it's overall diameter? and the front cup holders? :)
Thank you, thank you! I’ve been holding off ordering a new double walled stainless coffee mug until I find out the diameter of the cup holders. Look a bit smaller than what I’m used to. ☕️

Caracul

Country
Country
Wow...a "Real Model 3" manual would be awesome!

I've owned the car for 1 month now...still no manual.

That's one of the reasons why I LOVE THIS FORUM!
Sorry, I tried to be clear, it's only a very few pages... Not all by any stretch. I suspect there is nothing that you don't know.

Emergency response guide here : https://photos.app.goo.gl/DsyTIrg48gjlxahj2

Model 3 Keys ::https://photos.app.goo.gl/fOjW1deP2nRXaFGx1

The picture of the stalk is page 11 of the emergency response guide.

Russell

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
M3 is about 35cm across. Both of our Hyundai Sante Fes (2007 & 2015) are just under 38cm.

The cup holders in the front are a hair over 8cm in daimeter.
@RiggerJon, have you found anything that shows energy/miles, etc. for your trip? Similar to what the model s has with those charts of energy used, miles driven? Also, is there a basic trip computer?

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@RiggerJon, have you found anything that shows energy/miles, etc. for your trip? Similar to what the model s has with those charts of energy used, miles driven? Also, is there a basic trip computer?
No energy charts yet, but I believe this is coming in the next update along with a bunch of radio features. Currently when navigation is used it shows how much energy you'll have at the destination and for the round trip.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No energy charts yet, but I believe this is coming in the next update along with a bunch of radio features. Currently when navigation is used it shows how much energy you'll have at the destination and for the round trip.
Sad to see there are no nerd charts and meters. I hope they are added or at least optionally enabled. Or maybe Teslab will figure out a way to hack them onto the display

Sandy

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
M3 is about 35cm across. Both of our Hyundai Sante Fes (2007 & 2015) are just under 38cm. These are outside diameters on the horizontal plane.

The cup holders in the front are a hair over 8cm in daimeter.
Thanks Jon. Assume the 35cm is the steering wheel diameter requested earlier. 13.8” great diameter. Now I can order my less than 8cm mug ;). Appreciate all your time and information!