FAQ: Checklist of features for new owners to share

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging until March 11 2019 all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • Join @TrevP for Cars and Coffee in South Florida on Feb 3rd! More details here.

Insaneoctane

Country
Country
I am not panicking, but it is an important specification to me. Something that I have definitely noticed between the vehicles that I have owned over the years. I would love to hear it's great, but If it is disappointing, better to prepare now!

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
1. Screen view with polarized sunglasses? - no issues. I've worn Ray-Ban polarized sunglasses while driving and could see the screen just fine from every angle.
2. How to activate TACC vs AP? all from AP stalk? Yes. When in Drive, one pull down activates TACC only. Two quick pulls down activates AP. One pull UP will deactivate AP and/or TACC.

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
1. Screen view with polarized sunglasses? - no issues. I've worn Ray-Ban polarized sunglasses while driving and could see the screen just fine from every angle.
2. How to activate TACC vs AP? all from AP stalk? Yes. When in Drive, one pull down activates TACC only. Two quick pulls down activates AP. One pull UP will deactivate AP and/or TACC.
And 4 pulls down activates more cowbell!! :)

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Glad to hear the TPMS system is just like every other car :)
(annoying)

So when you get a TPMS warning, does it show you which tire is low? Does it show you the air pressure in each tire? That's lacking in way too many cars for no good reason
TPMS warning says which tire has low pressure (ex: left front tire pressure low) but doesn't give the specific numeric value, at least in the current version.

Last edited:

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
12-way adjustable seats (what are the 12?, headrests? max recline?):

From me playing around with the seats I could identify the following, which look like they could be the 12 adjustment options:

1. Seat back (recline back, move upright)
2. Seat cushion tilt (upwards, downwards)
3. Seat position (forward, backwards, up, down)
4. Lumbar (up, down, in, out)

Headrests are not adjustable/removable.

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This might be hard to test without a FLIR camera (I do have one if anyone in the Bay Area is game to test), but I'd love to know if the wiper jets or any other part of the wiper assembly are heated or not. I don't expect heated blades like the S has but IMO leaving out heated jets is inexcusable.

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I assume that jets == nozzles?

Why would you ever need those to be heated? Just clear the snow and ice from in front of them before you start driving. The washer fluid will melt the rest.
Even with low-temp washer fluid I've had the nozzles freeze before. It's infuriating to not be able to clear the windscreen properly.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
12-way adjustable seats (what are the 12?, headrests? max recline?):

From me playing around with the seats I could identify the following, which look like they could be the 12 adjustment options:

1. Seat back (recline back, move upright)
2. Seat cushion tilt (upwards, downwards)
3. Seat position (forward, backwards, up, down)
4. Lumbar (up, down, in, out)

Headrests are not adjustable/removable.
added your answers to post #1, thanks Maevra!