FAQ: Checklist of features for new owners to share

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging until FERUARY 1 2019 all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them this code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • Join @TrevP for Cars and Coffee in South Florida on Feb 3rd! More details here.

Rich M

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Don't panic ;) there is FM and AM - but it's over TuneIn - so you can stream a 'local' station from anywhere in the world.
Too late! Unfortunately TuneIn only has some terrestrial stations, they don't stream HD2/3 subchannels, and don't stream most stations that fall under the iHeartRadio umbrella (you need that app for those stations).

Still though, great info coming in from @RiggerJon !

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
The second tab on this main screen is for setting where you create driver profiles for memory seats, homelink programming, choosing standard vs metric measurements, etc.

image.jpg

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Along the top of your screen is the Bluetooth icon which you can tap to pair your phone and download contacts. Click on the cellular reception icon and you should be able to configure your wifi settings.

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Too late! Unfortunately TuneIn only has some terrestrial stations, they don't stream HD2/3 subchannels, and don't stream most stations that fall under the iHeartRadio umbrella (you need that app for those stations).

Still though, great info coming in from @RiggerJon !
Ah, good to know! I should probably be embarrassed that I've never heard of TuneIn...showing my age!! :)

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
For all those asking about TuneIn, you would probably get more individualized answers by checking the TuneIn app on your iPad, smartphone or going to their website to see the list of their stations/channels

slicedbread

Country
Country
@RiggerJon quick side question. in as much (if at all possible) detail, could you share if you see or know if there were other m3 buyers picking up their cars, closing? If yes, how many did you see? Could your share your last 4 digits of vin?

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
When you tap the "T" logo at the top of your screen, you get your odometer, software version, and the name of your Tesla in blue which you can tap on and rename. A few seconds later (in the most recent OS version) the Easter Egg menu pops up to show available fun things. Which is sparsely populated based on @PTFI images.

image.jpg

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here's the neatest find of the day. Two bags in the trunk. See pic. Score! It's not just random, either - #181 has the same.
it looked like the delivery event cars all had both UMCs as well. Did they say anything about that? Or was there any instruction with the new one to provide feedback to Tesla?

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@RiggerJon quick side question. in as much (if at all possible) detail, could you share if you see or know if there were other m3 buyers picking up their cars, closing? If yes, how many did you see? Could your share your last 4 digits of vin?
I'm 259. 181 is being delivered tomorrow in Austin along with one other. My delivery was apparently the first delivery outside of California.

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
it looked like the delivery event cars all had both UMCs as well. Did they say anything about that? Or was there any instruction with the new one to provide feedback to Tesla?
181 had 19s. Grey. Looked real nice.

Not really. I felt like any other customer, but they did make sure I knew they were very interested to learn of any quirks so they could be handled before the major roll out. Very impressed with the delivery team & their attentiveness.

Also, not a word was mentioned about holding back info to the public. From what I can tell, they have a slam dunk and want people to be sharing experiences.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
The Model 3 music UI is clearly still unfinished. FM is almost guaranteed to be included as it's on the spec list and all cell phones have FM tuners built into the circuits.

This shot shows both the Navigation screen and the music screen. The map shows location of superchargers. I've tapped the map to reveal the submenu with the other functions like calendar, energy usage, browser, and rear camera functions. The bottom half of the screen here shows the music menu. Phone should appear for you to stream your music after you pair your phone and when Tesla updates the OS, you should be able to access FM and HD on the radio tab. The EQ symbol on the top right of the music window is for sound settings.

image.jpg

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The Model 3 music UI is clearly still unfinished. FM is almost guaranteed to be included as it's on the spec list and all cell phones have FM tuners built into the circuits.

This shot shows both the Navigation screen and the music screen. The map shows location of superchargers. I've tapped the map to reveal the submenu with the other functions like calendar, energy usage, browser, and rear camera functions. The bottom half of the screen here shows the music menu. Phone should appear for you to stream your music after you pair your phone and when Tesla updates the OS, you should be able to access FM and HD on the radio tab. The EQ symbol on the top right of the music window is for sound settings.

View attachment 3429
I fully agree with this - there is no EQ in the current M3 layout, either.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Yup - off, low,med,high. Image shows driver seat on high, passenger is off.
In your pic of the seat heater, I noticed you had your Tesla screen up with SW ver 2017.34. For the Model S and X, the SW ver is up to 2017.36 and we seem to get the updates at about the same time. It's possible you have a newer OTA update waiting for you with more functionality. Definitely connect to your wifi and you may have a new update in the AM or in the next few days.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No. I can't find a control for them, and attached is the Mahoney.
Is "Premium Upgrades" listed on the right-hand side ("As Configured") of the sticker? We've seen some Monroney stickers that do not have this line item, and I'm wondering whether this has anything to do with the apparent lack of heated rear seats.