FAQ: Checklist of features for new owners to share

Brett

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
and attached is the Mahoney
That reads like the list from the standard interior. There is nothing from the PUP on the list. I'm guessing the sticker is just wrong (unless you somehow actually ordered the standard interior).

I'm betting the rear seat heating hardware is there and the controls with be on the touch screen when they get the software finished.

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In your pic of the seat heater, I noticed you had your Tesla screen up with SW ver 2017.34. For the Model S and X, the SW ver is up to 2017.36 and we seem to get the updates at about the same time. It's possible you have a newer OTA update waiting for you with more functionality. Definitely connect to your wifi and you may have a new update in the AM or in the next few days.
Yeah, wifi connectivity is still in the works too. :)

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
What does the main settings screen look like? Click the car icon on the bottom left. There's should be a cold weather tab there with front defroster and heated steering wheel if available.

image.jpg

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is "Premium Upgrades" listed on the right-hand side ("As Configured") of the sticker? We've seen some Monroney stickers that do not have this line item, and I'm wondering whether this has anything to do with the apparent lack of heated rear seats.
Well, the sticker is way off - doesn't show that or the EAP under the As Configured area. But it does have it. And I certainly paid for it. :)

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Yeah, wifi connectivity is still in the works too. :)
Ok. @RiggerJon and all of us need to take a deep breath and exhale slowly. You're an ultra early adopter and we're all living vicariously thru you and hanging on your every word but this UI is almost just barely in the beta stage. I wouldn't be surprised if you have rear heated seats too but the UI just hasn't been developed yet. After all, FM is on the Monroney but not in the UI....

Welcome to being a Tesla owner. New features never stop popping up...

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What does the main settings screen look like? Click the car icon on the bottom left. There's should be a cold weather tab there with front defroster and heated steering wheel if available.

View attachment 3433
It's totally different. The orientation
That reads like the list from the standard interior. There is nothing from the PUP on the list. I'm guessing the sticker is just wrong (unless you somehow actually ordered the standard interior).

I'm betting the rear seat heating hardware is there and the controls with be on the touch screen when they get the software finished.
That could be true. I guess we could say there is no rear seat heat "yet" :)

Attachments

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ok. @RiggerJon and all of us need to take a deep breath and exhale slowly. You're an ultra early adopter and we're all living vicariously thru you and hanging on your every word but this UI is almost just barely in the beta stage. I wouldn't be surprised if you have rear heated seats too but the UI just hasn't been developed yet. After all, FM is on the Monroney but not in the UI....

Welcome to being a Tesla owner. New features never stop popping up...
That's absolutely true, and good point. I'm only reporting on what I see as it currently exists - which could be different tomorrow.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
It's totally different. The orientation

That could be true. I guess we could say there is no rear seat heat "yet" :)
Very interesting. You should be able to adjust charge setting somewhere. Maybe tap the battery icon?

Definitely you have PUP if you have power fold mirrors.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
That's me. Didn't realize the vid was recording in the back! :)
I grew up in Houston. Sometimes I miss the friendliness that Texans have. People go out of their way to be nice and friendly. In other places like here in New York, a stranger wouldn't dare sit in your car while you're taking delivery!