Fast Delivery

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I decided just 6 days ago to order a Model 3, thinking it would be a good Christmas present for my wife and me. Imagine my surprise when I got a call 24 hours later saying delivery will the the 27th of this month! I thought there was this huge backlog at the factory I'm now rushing to find an electrician that can get a charging port installed before the 27th. Anyone else getting this quick turnaround?

PNWmisty

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I decided just 6 days ago to order a Model 3, thinking it would be a good Christmas present for my wife and me. Imagine my surprise when I got a call 24 hours later saying delivery will the the 27th of this month! I thought there was this huge backlog at the factory I'm now rushing to find an electrician that can get a charging port installed before the 27th. Anyone else getting this quick turnaround?
What was your configuration?

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's all about your configuration as cars are made in batches. You can get very lucky (as you did) or potentially very unlucky.

Ed Woodrick

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes, for Model 3 RWD, those dates have been seen by many.

Don't freak out about getting a plug installed. You can always use 120V if you don't need to charge much, there's a number of Tesla Destination Chargers, and a bunch of J-1772 chargers around town. Definitely not as convenient as charging at home, but no need to rush and pay too much, get lower quality, or possibly ruin the surprise.

Congrats

kort677

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
FWIW: from order to to delivery about 24 days, awd lr P model delivered in FLA

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Order to delivery in less than a month for me, including a week and a half delay for them to fix a cracked glass roof.

PNWmisty

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I ordered the basic long range Model 3, in red with Autopilot.
That's great! It sounds like your delivery is coming up in two days! Are you going to be picking it up at the St. University Louis Tesla center?
How exciting!

Last edited:

Toadmanor

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
10 days for me and I just wanted it before year end to get the tax credit.

Pulpless

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Order to delivery was 5 days. Red, non P AWD, EAP, white interior