1. We're hard at work on a software upgrade which will likely take place around the first weekend of October. We'll keep you posted and thanks for the support!

2. It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Firmware 2018.24 baf6ebc (6/20/18)

Discussion in 'Software and Firmware' started by TeslaModel3Owner, Jun 20, 2018.

1. TeslaModel3Owner

Expand Collapse

Country
    I just got an iOS App Store update for my Tesla app. It says there’s a new feature that will allow you to limit the speed of your car. It also says is requires software version 2018.24 which is not out yet, so it must be coming soon.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Veedio

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Just noticed the same thing myself. There's no sign of it yet at ev-fw.com or other tracking sites.

3. SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
    Moderator M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Yup — updated the iOS tracking thread a little bit earlier. Should be a cool feature!

4. GDN

GDN
    M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    One report in another thread a user just got Summon. Have asked what software version he got on the car. Good stuff could be coming.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Yup! @apmowery has it... and it appears to include Summon!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  6. ateslik

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    awesome!

7. GDN

GDN
    M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    So if summon shows up for all of us - I got this kind of funny (might be sacrilegious to some) picture in my head of all of us standing in our garages with our phones and having our cars back themselves out of the garage - just like the Rapture!

I remember seeing picture and depictions of people all standing by their graves or just ascending to the skies and for some reason this just resonated in my head and that picture came to mind - all of our Model 3's have been called to exit their garages with the push of a button.

Maybe I better set Niko up to auto open the garage door now anyway so he can get out when called !! I still won't configure auto close. Too dangerous.

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Auto close is awesome ... go for it! There is a “skip” option that pops up on the screen if you’re ever uncomfortable about the situation or you don’t want the garage to close.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Yeah, look at that serial number- 110! Definitely testing it on employees first. There was a twitter post that showed screenshots of the release notes for the speed level limiting function and something about the instrument cluster which leads me to believe is was for S/X since the 3 doesn’t have that antiquated setup. The update was on an X in Sweden.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/software-update-2018-24-baf6ebc.118637/

Post 18 and 19.

10. Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model X
    Country
    Reports have started to trickle in on cars getting this update but definitely hasn't gone wide release yet. This version introduces the summon feature to the Model 3 and also allows app limitation of max speed.

For those that aren't familiar with Summon yet, it's not the glamorous version where the car can drive around the parking lot by itself to park or pull out of your garage automatically and meet you at the front door. This is a very basic feature that rolls forwards or backwards a few feet without a driver. A convenient use would be to line up in a tight spot or garage, get out of the car, and have the car finish parking without you in the car. Alternatively, I came out of the restaurant yesterday and a police car was parked next to me with the cop inside. Instead of risking bumping his door, I summoned the car to back out of the spot then I got in and drove away.

11. Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Chomping at the bit for Summon, has been #1 for a long time on my list of things I'm waiting for

12. Spiffywerks

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Car is currently in for service. Picking up today, but just saw this about firmware sooo.. they will force the update. Yay!

E5C00891-C569-4E19-930D-2AE6A64915E3.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  13. Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model X
    Country
    In the past I had posted this nightmare that my wife had about my Tesla killing me when I was showing off summon to some people. I pointed out to here multiple safeguards that would prevent this but you know how irrational dreams can be.

This recent summon update in this firmware got me thinking more... We know that phone key isn't so reliable, especially on android. What's to say that activating summon on the phone app and needing to stop the movement of the car urgently with the app will be 100% reliable? On the S/X, you push the keyfob and the summon stops but there is never a problem with the keyfob....

14. garsh

Dis Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I did a 24-hour test drive of a Model X. I was showing off summon (without really knowing how to control it). The X almost went off the driveway and over the hill. :oops:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    #15 Bokonon, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    The issues with the phone-key generally occur because the phone has not yet connected to the car (e.g. due to the Tesla app not running in the background, issues with Bluetooth staying awake, car being in deep sleep, etc). Once that connection is established, it works as expected.

Inasmuch as Summon requires your phone to be awake and already connected to the car before it will work, the factors that cause issues with the phone-key do not (or, rather, should not!) apply. And the general potential pitfalls of Summoning a Tesla via phone (e.g. dropping your device mid-summon, accidentally closing the Tesla app, etc) apply equally to the S/3/X.

Separately, I wonder whether, just as you can stop Summon by touching a door handle on the S/X, you will be able to press a Model 3's handle inward to accomplish the same.

Hopefully we'll get to see some real-world tests from Model 3 owners soon...

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Spiffywerks

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Except the 3 does not have touch sensors in the handle. It requires a push/pull in order for the car to know you're there. Will be interesting to see how it works. When I pick up my car later, I'll be testing a bunch. I also park my car about 4-5 inches from the wall on the passenger side. I'm curious how or if it can handle this with summon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rich M

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    #17 Rich M, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    Summon with the phone app requires you hold the button down continuously while the car is rolling. Dropping the phone, moving your thumb or closing the app would stop the car immediately.

Edit: as @mlmowery clarified below, you can configure it as above, or you can configure to tap to start, tap again to stop.

• Informative Informative x 4
  18. Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country

*frick*, I didn't notice it was an employee. I was gonna go drop off pizza to my service center to try and bribe them to push me the update :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. PQ3

PQ3
    Expand Collapse

Country
    do you know that for sure? If so, great...if not, I like your proposed implementation! : )

20. SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I already tried earlier to no avail ;)

Model 3 Owners Club © 2018. All rights reserved.
Model 3 Owners Club (M3OC) is an enthusiast club and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or the Tesla Motors Club Forum (TMC).
All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.