Firmware Build 2018.18.3 04dfd3c (5/15/18)

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Prkls

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just received this on my Model 3 (up from 2018.18.2).

Release notes are identical to 18.2.

Hope this fixes my no-sleep vampire drain.

Edit: Nice, looks like I *am* the bleeding edge, first car on TeslaFi to report this firmware. Wish me luck.

Edit 2: One day in the vampire drain still going at 1 mi / hr. Car never goes to sleep.

Edit 3: After disabling TeslaFi data logging vampire drain seems to not happen anymore.

Edit 4: I now have TeslaFi logging on, with Sleep controls enabled and car sleeps with less than 1 mi / night loss. See post #77 for more detail.

Last edited:

BLDRN3R

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just received this on my Model 3 (up from 2018.18.2).

Release notes are identical to 18.2.

Hope this fixes my no-sleep vampire drain.

Edit: Nice, looks like I *am* the bleeding edge, first car on TeslaFi to report this firmware. Wish me luck.
Any secret menus? Cabin overheat?

Country
Country
I picked up my Model 3 on Saturday, got the .2 update on Sunday and the .3 release this morning. Haven't had a chance to check it out yet since my wife is out with the car but sounds like minor bug fixes since the release notes aren't changing.

BLDRN3R

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I never got the 16 series updates, but have gotten every 18 build almost instantly. Back up camera STILL doesn't seem fixed tho...

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I started on 2018.16.1, updated to 16.2 the day after delivery just now got 18.3. I've owned the car less than a week and 2nd update already! Gotta love this thing!

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Hopefully this is the one that goes wide release!
Just got the update, maybe going out wide?
I was also stuck on 14.13 and just got updated to 18.3. I think the wide release is starting!
TeslaFi showing EIGHT installs on Model 3 today. Total Model 3 install with this version 13 cars.
My most recent tally of Model 3s subscribed to TeslaFi is 144 cars. Generally, I would say that wide release is at least 15-20%.
Most Model 3s are still running 2018.14.13 - 97 cars total (about 67%).

rareohs

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got it today. Like the new radio control but miss the arrow you tapped to bring up the full window and minimize. Seems like have to manually move it now.

Excited about auto high beams. Nice update!

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just got notified. Updating now. That makes 23 cars with the update.

I’ve read everything here from no changes other than possibly bug fixes to new radio control to auto high beams. I even read they pushed a new summon update to S and X. Maybe we’ll get summon too! I guess I’ll find out in about 45 minutes!