Firmware build 2018.20.5 Oe38763 (6/1/18)

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging until FERUARY 1 2019 all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them this code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • Join @TrevP for Cars and Coffee in South Florida on Feb 3rd! More details here.

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

BLDRN3R

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Has anyone been able to confirm acceleration loss with evidence or is it more speculation/general sentiment?

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Has anyone been able to confirm acceleration loss with evidence or is it more speculation/general sentiment?
There were some posts where people listed GPS timings. But I don't know how scientific the testing methodology was. But if it was correct, the cars are now slower than the 5.1s stated 0-60 times.

I'm hoping that someone will perform some more definitive tests.

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
There were some posts where people listed GPS timings. But I don't know how scientific the testing methodology was. But if it was correct, the cars are now slower than the 5.1s stated 0-60 times.

So, hadn't heard that they were slower than the stated 5.1s 0-60, but rather they were slower than the experienced 4.6/4.8 second 0-60, which was historically faster than reported performance. So, I don't think it's that people are not getting what is specification from the manufacturer, but rather they are having something apparently taken AWAY that was beyond the spec the company communicated.

rwsimon

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Aside from the alleged change in acceleration, what does this firmware update actually do? Anyone have some info?

slasher016

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I have severe doubts that people know how to do a proper one foot roll out 0-60 test in the first place . . .

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This update changed the behavior of the cards on the lower left side of the UI, removing the windshield wiper card, which is a great update IMHO - it didn't serve a purpose other than triggering the wipers unintentionally.
View attachment 9579
Wait help me understand... the wiper card isn’t actually there unless you start the wipers with a single swipe? If so cool!

Azthrillhouse

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Basically the wiper speed card isn't part of the card carousel anymore, you access it by tapping on the wiper icon & the wiper speed card floats up from the bottom. Once it's up, it will auto-dismiss after a few seconds or you can down-swipe it.

Swipe right to get stats, swipe left to get status (tire pressure), so it's no longer a true carousel of cards like it was before.

I recorded a video but couldn't figure out an easy way to upload it (and not motivated to post it to Youtube etc). It's definitely a lot better solution than what was there before.

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I recorded a video but couldn't figure out an easy way to upload it (and not motivated to post it to Youtube etc)
YouTube is basically the easiest way to upload a video. You just click the upload button and select the file.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Basically the wiper speed card isn't part of the card carousel anymore, you access it by tapping on the wiper icon & the wiper speed card floats up from the bottom. Once it's up, it will auto-dismiss after a few seconds or you can down-swipe it.

Swipe right to get stats, swipe left to get status (tire pressure), so it's no longer a true carousel of cards like it was before.

I recorded a video but couldn't figure out an easy way to upload it (and not motivated to post it to Youtube etc). It's definitely a lot better solution than what was there before.
you can also set up youtube videos to only be visible via a link - IE you don't have to have everything posted as publicly visible.