Firmware Build 2018.24.1 12dd099 (6/24/18)

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I’m possibly jumping the gun on this post but this FW build was reported today on S/X but Model 3 installs have not been reported yet. There have been no installs of 2018.24 since 6/22 so I believe this version must have fixed some bugs and replaced it. Hopefully this version will be stable enough to be released fleetwide as 2018.24 hasn’t made it.

Always remember... Especially with an update like this that that has major new features, there is a reason why test releases occur. Bugs may exist that can render your car buggy or worse yet, unusable.

PLEASE don’t irritate your service center every time you see a new version is available. Those guys are overworked as is. If you see a version has achieved wide release status (at least 15-20%) and you ABSOLUTELY must have the new features then you can politely ask them. With new FW versions coming out at least 1-2X per month, you likely will not get each and every update (unless Elon follows thru with the self-request button). I have gone as long as 2 months without updates before I ask the SvC to push it.

Last edited:

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I hope this is the one that goes wide release!

Elon did just Tweet this...

relidtm

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
PLEASE don’t irritate your service center every time you see a new version is available. Those guys are overworked as is. If you see a version has achieved wide release status (at least 15-20%) and you ABSOLUTELY must have the new features then you can politely ask them. With new FW versions coming out at least 1-2X per month, you likely will not get each and every update (unless Elon follows thru with the self-request button). I have gone as long as 2 months without updates before I ask the SvC to push it.
I agree 100% with this. I've only asked about an update once when my model 3 was having 18-20 mile loss range turns out it was the third party app constantly pinging the model 3 .

relidtm

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tezlab not sure if it is 100% sure but I've been working with the developer he just had a kid so it's been slow on the response having a kid myself I totally get it. But now I never lose more than 4.

Maynerd

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tezlab not sure if it is 100% sure but I've been working with the developer he just had a kid so it's been slow on the response having a kid myself I totally get it. But now I never lose more than 4.
Ahh I noticed something similar with that app. I liked the app but it appeared to be the source of my vampire drain so I stopped using it and saw my drain drop significantly. I am trying teslafi which is pretty cool but I'm seeing some issues with my car waking up randomly from sleep and I suspect it has something to do with teslafi. It's odd as I will see my car go to sleep for 30 min, wake up, then go back to sleep after about 45 min then, wake up after 30 min, then randomly at night it might sleep for 8 hours only to wake up and do the 30 minute cycle thing again.

relidtm

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
someone suggested changing the password thats all you have to do to change the token they authenticate with and it worked. less battery drain

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
@Brokedoc do you have a sense yet if installs have picked up on this version?
Unfortunately, installs are crawling.

No further installs on 2018.24 since 6/22. Looks to be an abandoned build.

For 2018.24.1, there were 6 installs yesterday and 2 today. Almost all installs are in Europe. None reported yet on a Model 3.

Meanwhile 2018.21.9 is still active with new installs going on. This build is up to 91% of all Tesla’s registered on TeslaFi.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Unfortunately, installs are crawling.

No further installs on 2018.24 since 6/22. Looks to be an abandoned build.

For 2018.24.1, there were 6 installs yesterday and 2 today. Almost all installs are in Europe. None reported yet on a Model 3.

Meanwhile 2018.21.9 is still active with new installs going on. This build is up to 91% of all Tesla’s registered on TeslaFi.
Thanks!!

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Ahh I noticed something similar with that app. I liked the app but it appeared to be the source of my vampire drain so I stopped using it and saw my drain drop significantly. I am trying teslafi which is pretty cool but I'm seeing some issues with my car waking up randomly from sleep and I suspect it has something to do with teslafi. It's odd as I will see my car go to sleep for 30 min, wake up, then go back to sleep after about 45 min then, wake up after 30 min, then randomly at night it might sleep for 8 hours only to wake up and do the 30 minute cycle thing again.
Yes my nightly drain went up three fold 3x after installing the app. Uninstalling stopped it entirely. So I do believe it’s a th8ng. While I do enjoy the data it provides I didn’t find it worth the constant elevated drain especially with some upcoming trips

Rich M

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had my hopes up. While I was at service today, they cued up a software update, so I installed when I got back to the office. But it just shows the 18.21 again after it finished.