Firmware Build is 2018.14.13 9e3b7ff (4/18/18)

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.
Country
Country
Firmware 14.13 just installed tonight. Got the data sharing message when you go through menus! Coming from 12.1 and release notes just have Chill mode. F81CA65D-E017-4570-8648-877360C481F1.jpeg

Last edited:

Spiffywerks

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just got 14.13 9e3b7ff tonight also. Don’t think I’ll ever use chill mode. Lol

To get to data sharing:
Menu > Safety & Security > Options (gear icon) > Data Sharing

Last edited:

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I love how any Tesla “software available” notification has me running to the garage in my pyjamas and bunny slippers on a cold, dark, rainy evening.

But when it’s an iOS update I select “remind me again tomorrow”....for months. :p

relidtm

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
does this fix the battery drain issue I have from the last update?

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
14.13 looks to be ok. Car was 204 last night, and 203 this morning after ~9 hours.

Country
Country
I got 14.13 last night. Noticed today that the thumbwheel speed control has improved. On 12.1 the quick flick for 5mph moves seemed erratic, but now it's very consistent.

sabonis

Country
Country
Glad to hear that. I just installed the update, but I am at work and won't be able to test it until I drive home. I agree that the 5mph flick was kinda erratic as you noted on my prior firmware.

I got 14.13 last night. Noticed today that the thumbwheel speed control has improved. On 12.1 the quick flick for 5mph moves seemed erratic, but now it's very consistent.

Spiffywerks

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
“Chill Mode” feels wweeeeiiirrrddd. (Coming from 10.5)

Suddenly the perky petal that makes the car get all excited every time you press it turns into potato mash.

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Interesting ... 2 days in a row with updates! Though from what you guys are saying it doesn’t seem like this adds anything over yesterday’s update.

19517D12-3331-4E06-B476-8DECABA092A4.jpeg

relidtm

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got mine also hopefully it kills the vampire drain

RandyS

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Since I tested it tonight, I can confirm with this version of software that the Chademo adapter does NOT work....

msjulie

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My wish - please please add a setting or remember whether the map is set to N always or heading... silly annoyance to keep resetting that so it points in the direction I'm driving - please please...

sclyde

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not that I plan to ever use it unless I absolutely have no other option, which is highly unlikely... but this update fixed my FM radio that wasn't working at delivery. Prior MCU reboots didn't do anything.

jsmay311

Country
Country
I love how any Tesla “software available” notification has me running to the garage in my pyjamas and bunny slippers on a cold, dark, rainy evening.

But when it’s an iOS update I select “remind me again tomorrow”....for months. :p
Is that because iOS generally works as advertised from Day 1? ;)

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I will be testing this this weekend when I have to leave her parked at the airport again

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I got this release last night as well. Find it interesting that they still have the data sharing for cars without Autopilot active. Of course I said yes

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not that I plan to ever use it unless I absolutely have no other option, which is highly unlikely... but this update fixed my FM radio that wasn't working at delivery. Prior MCU reboots didn't do anything.
I have had a radio issue since delivery as well. I haven't said anything about it as I have been waiting for a resolution. We have been talking back and forth. They have even sent a special script to the car. No changes to its behavior with this update. I can still use the radio but you can see what it doing in this video....I cant scan or pull up a station without knowing the number of the station and favoriting it. The radio works just fine though. Even HD Radio.
Apparently some original units had a problem because they came loaded with the test software from the Radio manufacturer and just needed an update, but this is baffling the engineers.
Were you having the same issue?

Last edited:

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I got this release last night as well. Find it interesting that they still have the data sharing for cars without Autopilot active. Of course I said yes
That’s the beauty of having the hardware available on all cars. They might as well get some value out of it!

sclyde

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have had a radio issue since delivery as well. I haven't said anything about it as I have been waiting for a resolution. We have been talking back and forth. They have even sent a special script to the car. No changes to its behavior with this update. I can still use the radio but you can see what it doing in this video....I cant scan or pull up a station without knowing the number of the station and favoriting it. The radio works just fine though. Even HD Radio.
Apparently some original units had a problem because they came loaded with the test software from the Radio manufacturer and just needed an update, but this is baffling the engineers.
Were you having the same issue?
Weird. Haven’t seen that before. After last night’s update I’m having a new, far worse, issue where the phone key is not working. I assumed it was just initially to show me the new feature that tells you to scan your card when it can’t detect your phone. But it didn’t lock when I walked away either. Been using the app for the time being, and will use the card too. But how inconvenient. Anyone else seen this?

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Weird. Haven’t seen that before. After last night’s update I’m having a new, far worse, issue where the phone key is not working. I assumed it was just initially to show me the new feature that tells you to scan your card when it can’t detect your phone. But it didn’t lock when I walked away either. Been using the app for the time being, and will use the card too. But how inconvenient. Anyone else seen this?
So what was your FM radio problem? Do you mean it wasn't working at all?

After this update, my phone key still works fine. And I also just tested with the card. Weird you are having that issue.