Firmware Build is 2018.14.7 24efc86 (4/17/18)

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Received 2018.14.7 24efc86 today. No apparent difference from features described in 14.1 above.

My previous version was 10.5, so right steering wheel buttons and chill mode were new to me.

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Received 2018.14.7 24efc86 today. No apparent difference from features described in 14.1 above.

My previous version was 10.5, so right steering wheel buttons and chill mode were new to me.
Update time for me as well! I was on 12.1 (no chill mode), so I guess I can chill :)

EDIT: chill mode confirmed...

2DCEF328-0390-47D0-8FC7-3F8AC442C91F.jpeg

65992100-AB2B-44F1-B70B-6338E5FFDF44.jpeg

Last edited:

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
New nav + and - for zoom.

Also a new icon for toggling traffic on and off I believe.

5D29975B-6B6C-4FFD-925C-97613C740C8D.jpeg

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I saw the Electrek article, but no indication in the Release Notes (as I saw it) referencing it.
In addition to video capture being mentioned in the release notes, it appears that you'll also need to answer "Yes" or "No" to a couple of prompts to opt in and confirm that you agree to Tesla's data-collection policy. So my guess would be that you don't have that particular release yet. (Edit: it's in Firmware 2018.14.13.)

ETA: Could this mean that at-home WiFi connectivity is imminent? It seems like you'd want to have that in place before enabling video upload for the rapidly-expanding Model 3 fleet. Otherwise, all those uploads are going to happen over LTE...

Last edited:

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Have you gone thru the various menus to look for this?
I think it's in the Service section. It doesn't show up on the release notes. Note too that contrary to some reports, it is NOT automatically turned on, you have to opt in.

VBruce

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Version 2018.14.7 24efc86 installed this morning(04/18/2018@9AM PST). Has Chill mode. Has traffic congestion ICON in Navigation. Has access to the Ops Manual from the "T" and no indication in the release notes of AP clips. I can find no mention of AP clips in the menus.

GDN

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Any indication or location to "request" a firmware update? Elon said it coming, but no timeframe.

VBruce

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Any indication or location to "request" a firmware update? Elon said it coming, but no timeframe.
Not that I recall. I went through all the menus looking for AP clips indications and didn't see anything about FW update requests. I suspect that when WiFi is enabled, a more rapid update process will ensue. Having been in similar feature-request drills in the past, I suspect that the implementation priority is fairly complex ( e.g. Severity, Impact on installed base, Implementation difficulty, Customer Desirability, ....) Sometimes what looks like a simple feature request can have severe performance implications or implementation difficulty. (e.g. overload the firmware servers or require large implementation effort; or be dramatically easier to implement when some new foundational service is completed (i.e. WiFi support )). I have a lot of respect for the quality and timeliness of the updates seen so far.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Version 2018.14.7 24efc86 installed this morning(04/18/2018@9AM PST). .... Has traffic congestion ICON in Navigation......
Is this like the ICONs that are in some traffic apps?
Any chance there are ICONs for other things....like police?:rolleyes:

VBruce

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is this like the ICONs that are in some traffic apps?
Any chance there are ICONs for other things....like police?:rolleyes:
My wife tells me that there is no religious significance to these ICONs and she thinks that we computer guys should stop stealing words that imply religiosity! Ok, Ok, I meant the little (apparently symbolic) pictures on screen buttons. When I touched this button; little red and green lines appeared adjacent to the roads displayed on the Navigation screen. When I touched it a second time, the red and green lines disappeared. I'm guessing that these are not Christmas decorations. As for what appears in traffic apps, I do not know.

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think it's in the Service section. It doesn't show up on the release notes. Note too that contrary to some reports, it is NOT automatically turned on, you have to opt in.
Going to check this out now!

EDIT: I don’t see anything to accept or opt into, but I see child lock. That wasn’t always there, right?

4A3BB572-883D-46F8-B3A5-11706735273A.jpeg

Last edited:

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country