Firmware Build (No Model 3 Installs) 2018.26 3bbd9fd (7/12/18)

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 10th and still qualify for the $7500 US federal tax credit until December 31 for orders placed before November 30 as all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Installs starting yesterday on S/X only so far. I’ve been traveling around Massachusetts this week so I’m a little out of the loop.

MrMatt

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got off the phone with Tesla Rep who said:
  1. This should be pushed out widely this weekend or Monday
  2. bug fixes
  3. working with Google, they have addressed the Android Bluetooth low energy issue affecting remote key. This requires the August Google Android Security patch, so unless you have a Google phone, we're at the mercy of the phone makers or cell providers, but i'm hopeful

ahagge

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got off the phone with Tesla Rep who said:
  1. This should be pushed out widely this weekend or Monday
  2. bug fixes
  3. working with Google, they have addressed the Android Bluetooth low energy issue affecting remote key. This requires the August Google Android Security patch, so unless you have a Google phone, we're at the mercy of the phone makers or cell providers, but i'm hopeful
I presume this is means "August 2018", not "August 2017", correct? I'll likely receive it sometime in Oct. or Nov. Sigh. :(

Keeping fingers crossed it does some good though. My "phone as key" does seem to be somewhat better lately - I can now usually toggle Bluetooth on my phone and have it reconnect, rather than having to reboot the phone. :)

GDN

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Unfortunately still not on a 3 though, right? Looks like 24.7 is still rolling to the 3's as of now.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Installs starting yesterday on S/X only so far. I’ve been traveling around Massachusetts this week so I’m a little out of the loop.
to avoid people assuming this has been released on the 3, please refrain from posting these here until it is known to be on a 3

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
to avoid people assuming this has been released on the 3, please refrain from posting these here until it is known to be on a 3
I will modify the thread title to show “No 3 installs” yet but now Tesla is using unified builds.

As @MrMatt has posted pertinent info regarding this build and the Model 3, I think there may still be some limited value in starting threads on known releases not yet on Model 3s.

If we see a Model 3 install, the OP or a mod can change the title back. How’s that sound?

Country
Country
I’ll just add in that I’ve been having an issue with my screen being off when I enter the car, requiring a reboot, every time since I took delivery in February. I was told by Tesla 2 weeks ago that 2018.26 would fix this issue.

Makes sense that this is a bug fix update

GuyDude

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
hoping 2018.26 fixes the back up camera delay. i have 24.7 and back up screen still goes black for a few seconds when putting it in reverse...

Chris350

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is it really the Android/IO phones being the problem?

It appears to me that the issue points back to the car not waking quickly enough...

Everytime I open the app, it takes a good 5 - 15 seconds to wake the car... Once that's occurred, the car unlocks properly.

I've been getting into the habit of opening the app before heading to the car and when I do this, I get 100% with my phone on unlock...

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is it really the Android/IO phones being the problem?
there have been owners who use various phones with the same car that have said one phone works without issue every time and another always has issues... so yes, it is how the phone deals with the BT connection

Country
Country
Seems like this update is destined for us in some form or another sooner rather than later. Greentheonly on reddit (same as Verygreen on TMC) has access to the hidden release notes (he did this for the last major update for 3 too) and he said this was on there:

Lock Confirmation Sound
Model 3 is now able to emit confirmation sounds when locked, unlocked, or if there is a mislock (for example, if a door is not fully closed). To enable this feature, tap Controls -> Locks -> Settings -> Lock Confirmation Sound.

GuyDude

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Seems like this update is destined for us in some form or another sooner rather than later. Greentheonly on reddit (same as Verygreen on TMC) has access to the hidden release notes (he did this for the last major update for 3 too) and he said this was on there:

Lock Confirmation Sound
Model 3 is now able to emit confirmation sounds when locked, unlocked, or if there is a mislock (for example, if a door is not fully closed). To enable this feature, tap Controls -> Locks -> Settings -> Lock Confirmation Sound.

This is part of 2018.26

GDN

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes - but keep in mind, to date, 2018.26 has not showed up on any 3's, only S and X and quite a few of them.

The latest seen on a 3 the last few days is still 24.8 and very slowly at that.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Lock Confirmation Sound
Nice this is high on my wish list!

350VDC

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Everytime I open the app, it takes a good 5 - 15 seconds to wake the car... Once that's occurred, the car unlocks properly.
This is the normal behaviour and the way mine has behaved from day 1. It will take a good 10-15 seconds to wake your car. The whole point is if it was awake all the time you would drain the battery much faster. In this way there is a processor that wakes every few minutes or so and checks if anything is trying to connect to it, so your wake time may vary slightly. This is only used if you want to turn on the pre-cooling or check the charge etc but not needed to unlock the car.
You shouldnt need the car to be awake to open it and drive. Just walk up to the car and open the door and everything should come on. If this last part is not happening for you then you need to report it to service.

inspron

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is the normal behaviour and the way mine has behaved from day 1. It will take a good 10-15 seconds to wake your car. The whole point is if it was awake all the time you would drain the battery much faster. In this way there is a processor that wakes every few minutes or so and checks if anything is trying to connect to it, so your wake time may vary slightly. This is only used if you want to turn on the pre-cooling or check the charge etc but not needed to unlock the car.
You shouldnt need the car to be awake to open it and drive. Just walk up to the car and open the door and everything should come on. If this last part is not happening for you then you need to report it to service.
Just thinking out loud here. Why is it all or nothing proposition to keep the car awake? My phone could maintain an LTE connection for days without issue. Could the connectivity be maintained with relatively low power usage, akin to a phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.