Firmware build v8.1 2018.26.3 be4b11e (7/27/18)

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
The updates are coming fast and furious. Makes me wonder why Tesla doesn't do a little more testing before releasing an update.

markrodg

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My car is at the SC. I just got a notification of a 26.3 update. Yippee!

The only change I see on the app is the addition of speed limit mode under controls. I was previously on 21.9.

I was also told that my vehicle required a firmware update. VIN 26XXX.

Last edited:

slacker775

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just because 26.1 installs appeared to be stopped doesn’t mean that it had any major bugs. It’s possible that some issue(s) popped up in some rare cases and they decided to stop rolling it out further, especially with 26.2 and 26.3 appearing shortly after. The decision was likely “lets just drop down to 24.8 for new installs until we get the issue worked out”

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Installed 26.3 just now. what's new in this update?
That depends what version you had before. If you had 26.1, the release notes are the same so it’s probably just “minor fixes”.

If you had something recent, but earlier than 26.1, this has added audible alerts for door locking.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That depends what version you had before. If you had 26.1, the release notes are the same so it’s probably just “minor fixes”.

If you had something recent, but earlier than 26.1, this has added audible alerts for door locking.
Thanks! good to know, mine was 26.1 come with delivery, so not much exciting :)

Twiglett

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Country
Country
The updates are coming fast and furious. Makes me wonder why Tesla doesn't do a little more testing before releasing an update.
Its just the modern development cycle in action - a series of sprints followed by testing and release.
Then immediately on to the next sprint - then rinse and repeat.
There is nothing wrong with 26.1, its just that 26.3 is ready and in a few weeks there will be 26.7 etc etc

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Its just the modern development cycle in action - a series of sprints followed by testing and release.
There is nothing wrong with 26.1, its just that 26.3 is ready and in a few weeks there will be 26.7 etc etc
We saw a surge in new updates also when the Model 3 went from insider/employee to public release. I think there is also a burst of versions to find something stable for

a) current owners that are still stuck on 21.9 and don't have the speed limitation by app or the sound on lock
b) P3D owners with a possible track mode or tweaks to the dual motor power algorithm.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's not exactly true. In a couple of weeks, we'll see 28.x. The first number in the version is the week of the base of the build. They don't tend to stick on a build base for more than 2-3 weeks. We might see a couple more releases on 26.x, but I wouldn't expect them to still be making releases on it in 2 weeks.