Firmware build v8.1 2018.28.3 712cf878 (8/11/2018)

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

CleanEV

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
At service center to pick my car and I received this notification early this morning. Plan on updating before leaving this place unless they update it before handing it to me.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Upgraded from 26.3 to 28.3 in this morning. Got the notification on my iPhone at 2am last night. Manually did the UI restarting and the car power off/restarting after the upgrade to avoid any problem from previous version. Drove 50 miles already, and so far so good.

azentropy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got it this morning. Hoping it solves a vampire drain issue.
Same here, maybe why I got an update after about a week I got another update. I had been noticing each time I got in the car it was less than I thought i would be. So then charged late Thursday to 80% (279 miles for me) and didn't drive at at all yesterday. This morning it was 268.

iChris93

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does anyone get update notifications while plugged in? I’ve had my car a little over two weeks, so I’ve only gotten the 26.3 update and I got that notification while the car was unplugged.

ronmis

Country
Country
Does anyone get update notifications while plugged in? I’ve had my car a little over two weeks, so I’ve only gotten the 26.3 update and I got that notification while the car was unplugged.
My car was plugged in last night when I got the notification. I also have it connected to my wifi, maybe that way the file downloads faster?