Firmware build v8.1 2018.32.2 3817fdd (8/20/2018)

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 10th and still qualify for the $7500 US federal tax credit until December 31 for orders placed before November 30 as all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

gundarx

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Updated coming from 2018.26.3. No obvious changes. Was heading to sleep and got update notification, so have not driven yet. Need to verify but seems like:
- resolved voice commands not being recognized while parked at home (connected to wifi but bad AT&T LTE signal?); I did several bug reports on this recently and might be why I got this new update?
- rear camera comes on immediately, no black delay
- screen woke up fast from door unlock
- phone app has less wait, summon functionality can be used quicker
- UI feels more responsive

images below (redacted location and last VIN #s.. my car's 184xx):

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

ER1C8

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Update installing now. I was hoping I was one of the first to be chosen for V9, but I'm guessing it's just 32.2. V9 should start rolling out soon if Twitter is to be believed.

iChris93

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Update installing now. I was hoping I was one of the first to be chosen for V9, but I'm guessing it's just 32.2. V9 should start rolling out soon if Twitter is to be believed.
Probably to employees first?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got this update today as well.

From 26.3 on 8/4 to 32.2 on 8/21

Seems to have downloaded around 4am Eastern, and is a little over 500mb

Only bug fix I noticed, is the MAC address finally shows up in the wifi screen.

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Was on 26.3 and updated this morning. I noticed that the fog light indicator moved from around center to far left of the indicator icon row. Have to see if I notice any other changes there. Also seems to be back to swerving into the extra space at exit ramps and back out. I thought 26.3 was better at that, but only one trip into work so far so will give it a little more time to test.

beantownrich

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I noticed the camera was quicker to turn on as well. I don't know if this is a change in this release or a previous one, but automatic high beams got moved to a the gear menu from the main lights menu. I shut them off a long time ago because they were garbage so I don't really know.

coredumperror

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
- phone app has less wait, summon functionality can be used quicker
- UI feels more responsive
Oh I really hope I get this one soon! I use Summon every day to get my car out of the super cramped carport I use, and it's SOOOO annoying to use sometimes, because of that delay, and frequently getting stuck on "Connecting to your vehicle..."

I'm a pretty new owner (took delivery on July 18th), so I'm not really sure how firmware rollouts work. I think the only reason I have 2018.28.1 is that it came out while my car was at an SC. I've never actually installed a firmware update myself.

fazluke

Country
Country
After a quick update to 21.9 after I got the car, I was on hold for 2 months, then 26.3 and a surprise last night to 32.2.
iChris93 - I am not an employee
The only change I noticed, a huge improved in lane change (7 out of 7) during this morning drive

relidtm

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got a 340mb + download but no update notification yet was hoping this was v9 but ill take it.

iChris93

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After a quick update to 21.9 after I got the car, I was on hold for 2 months, then 26.3 and a surprise last night to 32.2.
iChris93 - I am not an employee
The only change I noticed, a huge improved in lane change (7 out of 7) during this morning drive
I was saying that employees will get version 9.0 first, as beta testers. I expect anyone can get 32.2 now.

coredumperror

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is there a way to request a firmware update, or are we all just subject to the whims of Tesla's update algorithm?