Firmware build v8.1 2018.34.1 3dd3072 (9/7/2018)

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

2Kap

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Downloaded it last night coming from 32.5.

A39BE56D-6C7F-4F5A-973F-D9C8A5006906.jpeg

Still has the bug where if you press and hold the left scroll wheel to the right, it soft resets my system.

Autopilot seemed waaaay less naggy, and responded quicker noticing cars in front.

Haven’t had my rear view camera black out....yet.

JOUL3S

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

View attachment 14187

Still has the bug where if you press and hold the left scroll wheel to the right, it soft resets my system.

Autopilot seemed waaaay less naggy, and responded quicker noticing cars in front.

Less naggy autopilot just in time for my road trip to Austin sounds awesome.

coredumperror

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Speaking of autopilot changes, has anyone else noticed automatic lane changes being a little more responsive recently? Pre ~2018.32, I'd often find that putting on my signal just didn't do anything, even if traffic in the adjacent lane was totally clear. Now, it seems like that happens a lot less often.

SalisburySam

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Speaking of autopilot changes, has anyone else noticed automatic lane changes being a little more responsive recently? Pre ~2018.32, I'd often find that putting on my signal just didn't do anything, even if traffic in the adjacent lane was totally clear. Now, it seems like that happens a lot less often.
For me, auto lane change worked when I picked up my Model 3 two months ago on version 24.8. Two upgrades to now 32.2 and it still works. Can’t say for certain, but it does seem a bit smoother in 32.2 than previously, but it has always worked. I’m assuming you turned on the blink to the continuous on position and not just the first 3-blink position.

coredumperror

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m assuming you turned on the blink to the continuous on position and not just the first 3-blink position.
Yes, of course. Despite that, about 20% of the time before 32.2, and maybe 10% of the time now, putting the blinker on with Autosteer engaged and no traffic in the other lane has no effect at all. I just sit there with the blinker going, until I get fed up and steer myself into the lane.

SalisburySam

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes, of course. Despite that, about 20% of the time before 32.2, and maybe 10% of the time now, putting the blinker on with Autosteer engaged and no traffic in the other lane has no effect at all. I just sit there with the blinker going, until I get fed up and steer myself into the lane.
Yeah, that’s not right. When this happens, submit a bug report in the car using the voice command. Try it a few times and submit a bug report each time. Failing that, call Tesla.

G0GR33N

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Out of curiosity, have you made sure that the lane to the side that you are trying to turn into (left or right) shows up as a faint line on the screen? You can use auto lane change only when the line on the other side is visible. For e.g. the lane that you are in would have your car centered and solid blue lines marking the sides, the lane that you want to change into, should show up on the screen with light grey (i think). I hope I did not confuse you :)

coredumperror

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Out of curiosity, have you made sure that the lane to the side that you are trying to turn into (left or right) shows up as a faint line on the screen?
Ah, no, I hadn't checked that. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that when I do auto-lane changes from now on.

I'll also file a bug report with the voice command the next time I see this failure. Even if the issue is the lane lines not showing up, that's certainly a bug. The freeways I drive where this has happened have well-painted lines.

Napboy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

View attachment 14187

Strange. I’m on 32.2 and when I hold my left scroll button to the right (used to move to the next favorite station) it freezes the interface.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After the update it software failed on me and required contacting Tesla. Lots of people were affected apparently so theyre going to push out another new update soon

LW_IL

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
failed to update from 32.2 last night. I had a free 14d trial of EAP and cancelled it a few days before this update.
might be completely unrelated but this is the first update that has failed for me
thanks for all the info.