Firmware build v8.1 2018.36.1 904a9a4 (9/14/2018)

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm thinking we're only going to see bug fixes and improvements until v9.0 drops. I assume it and all notable improvements are all in a different branch that will merge back in with us when it's actually time for v9.0 to get pushed out to us

LucyferSam

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got this upgrade, at first no music from my USB drive would play, including after a 2 button reset, but after a 2 button + brake reset it listed the drive far faster than I've ever seen and was able to play the tracks. We'll see what it does tomorrow ...

John Griffith

Country
Country
I just completed installing the update. I checked the menus and didn't see anything new. Only thing I noticed on 34.5 was when switching to the rear view camera it would sometimes have purple/green streaks. I haven't tested the backup camera on 36.1 yet. I'll go do a quick check (though it is night time now) and see if I see anything different. I can report that no purple/green streaks in garage at night but I was seeing this in daylight today with earlier version. Both versions now instantly switch to the back camera on going into reverse without the lag that was sometimes there before 34.5.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm not an employee or anyone special. I have VIN #190XX. The only thing I can think of is I got pushed ahead because of the 34.1 failing on me 3 times. They did get 34.1 installed on the 4th time though. Maybe something didn't fully update with the previous failures and 36.1 addresses it?

KFORE

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Downloaded the same 5GB last night as well. Much larger than typical OTA updates, probably maps or something else.

MarkK

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
but will it finally fix the Slacker Radio Premium issue where it doesn't show playlists?????