Firmware build v8.1 2018.36.2 ac4a215 (9/19/2018)

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 31st all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Suggestion: Next time one of these threads gets opened, add a comment in the post directing people that receive the update to rate the first post "Informative" (or something) as opposed to simply posting "Got it" messages. That might keep the signal to noise ratio high on discussing the new features, bugs fixed, and bugs introduced in the release, and also give people an easy way to see how widely distributed the release is (for those that don't check TeslaFi or ez-fw (or whatever it is)). I guess you would miss the geographical information and the actual speed of the rollout, and I suspect people would probably just post anyway...but if you think it's worthwhile to give it a shot, please do.

Anyway, I got the update myself this morning :)

Something I noticed is that AP seemed more willing to take a particular exit/interchange ramp at a higher speed than it has in the past (which is good, because I had been potentially holding up traffic). The real test will be on my afternoon commute as the opposite ramp (where the speed limit goes up from 65 to 70) is particularly problematic, as even though I set the TACC to 73, the car insists on going no more than 60mph, even though the curve is very gentle, and in fact for a pretty good section, perfectly straight. I have no option but to step on the accelerator to avoid getting rear ended on this section. I'd be very happy if that was addressed.

relidtm

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@NOGA$4ME since we are trying to figure out how it gets sent around (until the unicorn v9 version comes out) people tend to post where they are getting it from. But I agree there should be some way to say what region or something maybe an icon or something? or maybe that's what tesla fi should do for us. I got it also in central Florida :)

Chris350

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got it here in FLA...

It does return the Slacker playlist function if you are signed in on the Slacker Premium account.

Getting set for the morning drive (80+ miles), so we shall see how it goes....

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@NOGA$4ME since we are trying to figure out how it gets sent around (until the unicorn v9 version comes out) people tend to post where they are getting it from. But I agree there should be some way to say what region or something maybe an icon or something? or maybe that's what tesla fi should do for us. I got it also in central Florida :)
Granted, not all M3OC users contribute to TeslaFi, but they also don't post in this (or similar) threads, so I think this would give you a pretty good indication of geographical distribution if this is interesting data:

https://teslafi.com/softwareMain.php?detail=FleetUpdates

This will break down this particular release and give you sortable fields as well:

https://teslafi.com/softwareMain.php?detail=2018.36.2 ac4a215

I don't know if you have to be a TeslaFi subscriber or not to access these links...maybe a non-subscriber can check. If these are open to anyone, then I'll add another suggestion to put the above link into the first post of the new threads devoted to S/W releases.