Firmware build v9.0 2018.42.2 19e7e44 (10/27/2018)

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Veedio

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just received this build. Like the 42.1 postings, the release notes mention key fob support and increased regenerative braking. No new menu options for Nav on Autopilot but I’m in Canada so I guess we don’t get it yet. :(

Last edited:

littlD

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So looks like stronger Regen for RWD too
To be honest, I was having so much fun trying out Navigate on Autopilot that I didn't pay attention to it.

Some things to consider for Navigate on Autopilot:
1. STAY ALERT! I had one exit going from MO-370 East (interstate level road here) to I-270 South where I had to take over, the exit speed was posted 40 and the car didn't slow down until right as I hit the curve. Maybe slow down your cruising speed until you confirm exit speeds are accurate. Reported it as a Bug Report
2. MadMax mode is amazing for keeping you moving in traffic, but I kind prefer Average as I don't have to confirm as often.
3. You'll get gray lines flashing to let you know of lane changes coming soon, even with more than one lane change needed to take the exit.
4. If time allows, it'll retry if it can't make a lane change even after saying "Lane Change Cancelled"

Folks, this is amazing stuff, let's not mess it up with inattentive driving!

MVIMG_20181027_065827.jpg

@TrevP no problem if you want to move my post to another focusing just on Navigate on Autopilot.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got the notification near midnight, and installed from phone while getting ready for the day. Can't wait to try it out! Makes me think I have to plan an unnecessary Saturday highway trip!!

cain04

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just received this build. Like the 42.1 postings, the release notes mention key fob support and increased regenerative braking. No new menu options for Nav on Autopilot but I’m in Canada so I guess we don’t get it yet. :(

Shoot. I got so excited about this update for this feature. I guess I’ll be thankful for stronger regen and better media management of the dash cam. Thank you for updating us.

littlD

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Summon seems to be connecting MUCH BETTER for me.

But... it quits before getting to the bumper limit most times, so be careful with using HomeLink at the same time. You could damage your car!

I have to re-engage it to get to the bumper limit (12 inch).

I checked, the setting was still 12 inch after update. and a reboot didn't fix it.

Yet... back the car in and it abides by the bumper limit every time.

Last edited: