Firmware Build v9.0 2018.42.4 ccb9715 (11/2/2018)

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

tfederov

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got this after getting 42.3 this morning. I noticed before this updated that my cameras were still calibrating for Navigate on Autopilot but in the release notes nothing is different. Cameras still at 99% calibration too.

Long Ranger

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The fact that they upgraded you so quickly from 42.3 to 42.4 makes me suspect that they are patching a significant 42.3 bug. But just one data point so we'll see.

I'm at 40.1, but my car downloaded an update this morning. I've scheduled the install for tonight. Now I'm extra curious what version it will be.

tencate

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
One of our recent NM dual motor M3s got this too. Shortly after he got 42.3. Not sure if he's on this forum or not, I'll ask.

m3_4_wifey

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I just uploaded 2018.42.4 on our Model 3. I'm hoping it fixes the slow on ramp speed when using drive on nav, or giving me more opportunities to autosteer when I'm under my set speed and the left lane is wide open. (still happened while under Mad Max mode)

Other bug fix that I could see is the usb stick playing nice with the dash cam.

JOUL3S

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got the notification to install 42.4. Updating now. I've never gotten an update on the first day before.

webdriverguy00

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just updated to 42.4 just now as well. Still don’t know what the release notes are, lazy to go to the car and check :)

fazluke

Country
Country
Just updated to 42.2 few days ago and now I have phone notification of an update. Any info on 42.4?

Jason Krellner

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got back from dinner to a notification... I'm assuming it's 42.4. I'm currently on 42.2. Anyone have release notes for 42.4?

fazluke

Country
Country
I guess we have to wait for someone's download to complete and then try and tell us what has changed

M3Finally

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Model 3 Dual Motor coming from 42.2 to 42.4. The patch notes show no signs of changes, looking at this thread its seems to be pushed before anyone can test it but I noticed m3_4_wifey further up this thread hoping it fixes slow downs entering on ramps. I noticed that too. I guess I'll see on Monday.

I just got the update about an hour ago 10pm est.

P.S. Mad Max is not ready for auto lane change.

John Griffith

Country
Country
I just received the down load and notice to install an update. I am on 42.2 so I am guessing this is 42.4. It was much larger than the prior 42.2 upgrade. IMG_927BC2E51E89-1.jpeg

littlD

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Updated from 2018.42.2 to 2018.42.4, no differences in settings or release notes.

I'll see if I detect any different (or hopefully better) behavior with Nav on AutoPilot tomorrow morning

Last edited: