Firmware Build v9.0 2018.46.1 e29d8f7 (11/27/2018)

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That Model 3 in Nevada (VIN 85xxx) is at it again.... it just updated to 46.1!

littlD

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I received a software update notice yesterday about 5:30pm via LTE, was waiting to see if a newer version improves the Electrek reported issues with cold weather window behavior.

Wonder if 46.1 is that better version...?

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have not seen anyone else confirm that behavior.
In fact, my experience with the windows is that they do not go all the way up when first closing the door, but upon pressing my foot down on the brake in order to shift the car they all immediately raise up to fully closed. I actually think it's ingenious.

Ok, sorry for the thread hijack. Who owns this 3 in Nevada? A personal friend of Elon? ;)

John Griffith

Country
Country
I notice not many Californians getting 44.2 so maybe we will get 46.1? On the other hand, it hasn't frozen here in quite a while (unless we go to Mammoth or Big Bear).

iChris93

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I hope they are not going to start releasing separate firmwares based on physical location and severity of winter. But you never know...
I think it is okay that they pushed 44.2 to the people that needed it in colder climates, it may have bugs that would not be worth the hassle to those in warmer climates. As long as they are working on bugs and are working towards getting us back together on one version.

Derik

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I notice not many Californians getting 44.2 so maybe we will get 46.1? On the other hand, it hasn't frozen here in quite a while (unless we go to Mammoth or Big Bear).
Hey.. I got snow in Dec 31st 2014. So much it made the news! That wasn't that long ago, but then again it isn't normal.

AMPM

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Since you mentioned Nav on autopilot just thought I’d share my experience. I drove my Canadian car to the States for Thanksgiving. Parked overnight, went out to the car and lo and behold, Nav on autopilot was available. Worked the whole time I was in the States, including my drive back to my home north of the border. When I got in the car the next day for work, the option had disappeared.

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Since you mentioned Nav on autopilot just thought I’d share my experience. I drove my Canadian car to the States for Thanksgiving. Parked overnight, went out to the car and lo and behold, Nav on autopilot was available. Worked the whole time I was in the States, including my drive back to my home north of the border. When I got in the car the next day for work, the option had disappeared.
I think I had Nav on Autopilot working within Canada when I visited Montreal the weekend of Nov 10.

Perscitus

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
OP and posters in this section... more likely than not, Tesla's firmware build numbering scheme goes by week of year when the particular builds were cut... hence 46.x are builds cut Nov-12th to Nov-18th.

Just like 2018.44.2 was cut sometime Oct-29th to Nov-4th.

The fast-track NV cars getting 46.x now gives about 2 weeks lag after the builds were compiled.

Attachments

beej666

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was already on the phone with Tesla customer service about a different issue, so took the opportunity to ask about 2018.46.1. Tanna (sp?) claimed that only 0.17% of vehicles currently are on it. She didn't know anything else about it, but handed me off to Aaron in vehicle support who said this must be an early access firmware because he couldn't pull up the release notes which indicates it isn't what he referred to as a public firmware. His best guess was that this firmware has additional cold weather improvements over the 44.2 for Model 3. I asked who would have more info and he said the early access team is the only one who would and I wasn't able to motivate him to try to reach them, though I didn't try very hard. He also said sometimes there are no release notes.

John Griffith

Country
Country
I would really like to see some bugs fixed that are irritating and not conducive to high confidence in their software. Some should have been resolved a long time ago. Here are a few:
1. Get Homelink to consistently work to close garage door on leaving. Sometimes it works but frequently it doesn't.
2. Fix the browser so it works consistently and doesn't hang requiring a reboot to get it operational.
3. Fix the problem with Nav on AP with two lane exits where it struggles and frequently does not take the exit
4. Fix the media player so it at least works consistently and does not appear as hung.
5. Fix the problem with Nav on AP where it is undecided on left exits and tries to take them even though the route is to continue to the right then corrects after it has taken the exit like a driver changing his mind.

These are just a few that would help to improve the car. I find that Nav on AP in light to moderate traffic does ok, it is merging and heavy traffic where it struggles and on lane changes where it hesitates, slows down and then speeds up that can be aggravating.

350VDC

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Get Homelink to consistently work to close garage door on leaving. Sometimes it works but frequently it doesn't.
I dont think this is a Tesla problem. If you hear your car "Bing" it has sent the homelink signal. Probably it is too weak at that distance to consistently trigger your door, remember your receiver is inside your garage on the opener. You could try and extend your antenna on your receiver. By shortening the distance before activation, I can get mine to trigger every time. By extending the distance it gets inconsistent. I don't see them being able to increase the power of the transmitter via software update.

John Griffith

Country
Country
You misunderstand my comment. The Homelink doesn't pop up so it never sends a signal. Sometimes it will initially pop up like it is ready to send a signal but due to the curve of my driveway, I sometimes have to pull forward a bit first to position my car to make the turn once I clear the opening and after first pulling forward a few feet and then placing it into reverse, the Homelink goes away and does not return when I am in reverse. This doesn't always happen as sometimes it does pop up again and works. It has nothing to do with distance or being too far when it sends a signal. Even at times where I can back out without having to go forward (because my wife's car isn't there) it is hit and miss. Sometimes it will activate and send the close, which works fine, and other times it never pops up. Thus, it is a Tesla software problem!