Firmware Build v9.0 2018.50 7e49f8a (12/21/2018)

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging until FERUARY 1 2019 all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them this code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • Join @TrevP for Cars and Coffee in South Florida on Feb 3rd! More details here.

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Did you get Firmware Build v9.0 2018.50

• Total voters

Jay Jay

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
2018.50 seems a bit buggy. Had two HARD phantom break incidents on the highway on the two consecutive days following the update, but the previous 3k miles of driving produced only a few of those. Screen locks up sometimes now, never before. Music doesn't always play correctly, never before. And I THINK I saw the headlights flicker in the garage last night when my wife pulled in. We'll see.

Rick Steinwand

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had minor flickering of my headlights last night while driving at 60 mph, ~10°F. Good to know a s/w update may fix it.

Last edited:

Jay Jay

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
On the phone with Tesla again. Now I can't wake the car remotely with the app. I do it every day to prewarm it for my wife who can't access her phone at work (secure facility) and in 5k miles it's never happened. So all sorts of gremlins this week after we updated to 2018.50. They're setting up a mobile ranger visit to see what's going on. They can't wake it either. :(

JML

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
On the phone with Tesla again. Now I can't wake the car remotely with the app. I do it every day to prewarm it for my wife who can't access her phone at work (secure facility) and in 5k miles it's never happened. So all sorts of gremlins this week after we updated to 2018.50. They're setting up a mobile ranger visit to see what's going on. They can't wake it either. :(
Mine didn't wake up this morning, either. That is the second time in a week, which is much better than a few firmwares ago when it would refuse to wake up multiple times per day.

Please post again after the ranger visits, and let us know if the ranger does anything substantive.

porkupan

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Maybe the next release with be with the new summons? (fingers crossed)
If there is a new Summon (which is by no means certain), it will be in a major release, not one of these routine updates. The biweekly releases are usually minor but fixes and feature tweaks. They also routinely break things.

I think we're going to find out that a lot of promised features proved a lot harder if not impossible to implement given the existing hardware. So in five years the Model 3 functional capabilities may not be all that different from what they are today.

But I will be happy to be proven wrong.

Last edited:

HBDesiato

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After 2018.50 my cold weather functions have changed a bit.
Mainly the windows no longer do the 2-stage thing.
In 2018.48 the windows would not go all the way up when the door closed. When your foot hit the brake the windows would go up the last half inch or so.

Battery seems to have trouble warming up, the snow flake goes away but the dots in the re-gen area seem way more persistent. I think I have less re-gen than before.

Never had charge door or plug issues and I still don't.
No problems just walking up to the car with iPhone in pocket, car always unlocks.
Well, turns out I can add flickering headlights to my list of issues. They flicker sometimes when I first hit the brake to back out of the garage. Haven't noticed anything while driving at night.

FrancoisP

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I had the same need to warm up the car in the morning and in the afternoon at preset times. So I automated this process using an app called Tasker. I have installed it on an Android phone but as far as I can tell it is also available for the IPhone. In addition to Tasker you will have to get the Tasker Tesla plugin. The setup process is a little confusing at the beginning but it makes sense as you become more familiar with Tasker. I've also setup a charging reminder when the battery level falls below a given percentage. It's not as fancy as teslafi but it's free and it meets my needs.

Last edited:
Country
Country
Well, turns out I can add flickering headlights to my list of issues. They flicker sometimes when I first hit the brake to back out of the garage. Haven't noticed anything while driving at night.
Got 2018.50 on my LR rwd model 3. Better Regen when breaking and also flickering headlights. NoA seems less good. A lot of hesitation, dancing etc.