FIRMWARE v9.0 2018.39.x Pre-Release MEGATHREAD

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
MOD ADD:
for Version 9 we are going to try something different (since this is the biggest update the Model 3 will have so far!).
Posts for various features have been created, and we will leave this thread as a pre-release (as in you haven't yet used it) Megathread. Once people get the firmware installed, we will go back to release specific threads to post installs and discuss the small things that are not feature specific.
hopefully, that will make it a little manageable for someone to come in and find info, without wading thru 250 posts on speculation

Someone in the Early Access program (@ghoticov?) just posted screenshots of the Firmware V9 release notes, application launcher, new navigation screen, and -- as promised -- Missile Command (complete with a 25-cent coin slot)!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bokonon

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Also posted: a video of the completely unnecessary (but oh-so-cool) 3D animated airflow controls!

Attachments

Last edited:

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Ooo! So exciting. I really need to get my car on wifi at home!

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This gives me the warm & fuzzies. This is exactly why Tesla is so cool. There's just no other car out there that gets these types of updates over the frigging air. They look to be really nice feature updates too.

To non-Tesla owners out there...you jealous? You should be :D

hdgmedic

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If anyone wants to start a thread, Firmware revision is: 2018.39.0.1dcb43fb

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If anyone wants to start a thread, Firmware revision is: 2018.39.0.1dcb43fb
We usually wait for it to hit wide release for a thread — since this is in early access it likely comes out with a different version number when we all get it.

hdgmedic

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We usually wait for it to hit wide release for a thread — since this is in early access it likely comes out with a different version number when we all get it.
Okie doke. T-minus 10 days

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Of all the new features it's the Energy graphs that I'm most excited to see!
Sadly no photos of it yet.

Promo714

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
What about way-points in the nav? I read about them being available in an early beta and then later reading they weren't available.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Just found this deal on Amazon,
Gonna use for the Dashcam.

Only bummer is I will lose a port for 1/2 the Jeda Pad. But I am usually alone in the car anyway and when the wife is there, you cant pry that phone outta her hand anyway. o_O

Too bad we lose the port but I knew that a real possibility due to Privacy, Bandwidth and internal storage concerns.

Here is more info on the Dashcam

https://electrek.co/2018/09/26/tesla-dashcam-feature-autopilot-camera-version-9/

Basically
1 hour loop recording and you can press to save last 10 minutes separately.
It doesn't record while the car is off
Only uses one AP camera.
But I have a basic cam and if it works that good, I'll be happy.

Of course you have to use another computer to review.
Maybe I shoulda gotten one of those USB drives that also had a lightning connector. Wonder if you could view on an iPhone then?

Last edited:

Mike

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Also posted: a video of the completely unnecessary (but oh-so-cool) 3D animated airflow controls!

I can't seem to embed the video, so here's a couple of screencaps showing him pushing the airflow upward with his finger. The airstreams are animated to show air coming out of the vents, which is a really nifty touch.

View attachment 15075
It is my hope that the little "fan" icon will glow blue/white/red depending on the temperature being pumped out of the HVAC, so I don't have to always flash up the HVAC to see if I'm getting unnecessary heating on a cool but sunny morning........

relidtm

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
so this has to use the 2 usb chargers that we are using for phones? surely this will have an adapter that is kind of a bummer. also i saw to get the biggest usb stick possible what is the point if it only can record one hour?is that based on size?

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
so this has to use the 2 usb chargers that we are using for phones? surely this will have an adapter that is kind of a bummer. also i saw to get the biggest usb stick possible what is the point if it only can record one hour?is that based on size?
You can capture 10 min snapshots that do not get erased by the system.

• Save: Tap the dashcam icon, when actively recording, to archives the most recent ten minutes of video. The video fiels are saved on the flash drive with a unique timestamp. These saved video recordings are not overwritten by new recordings.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It needs to be used in one of the 2 front ports unfortunately.
But I got a larger drive (64GB for now) as I bet this function will develop and have more recording time possible or more camera views.
For now, one hour of footage will be miniscule, yes. But it will also hold the 10 minute segments that you wanna save (like when you passed that ICE car fire on the freeway)

Bokonon

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It looks like it only requires one of the USB ports, leaving one available for charging power. (I wonder whether someone will come up with an aftermarket wireless charging solution that uses the two rear USB ports for power and and the center console as a charging surface?)

For those of us who already already have a USB stick plugged into one of the ports for music, I'm hoping that setup will be sufficient to run the dashcam in parallel. (EDIT: Nope! The release notes state that the dashcam's USB drive cannot be used to play media files.)

Last edited:

relidtm

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
right I see there is a 128gb version too for 30$ I might get that but my point was is the 1 hour a cap? Sorry if i didn't clarify i saw the ten minutes rewind/capture but is that 1 hour capped by the size of the USB or is it capped because of this all its capable of?
or was 1 hour based on the USB stick they plugged in? I wonder if I can split it for power and it will just go slower. I'm sure we will see a solution soon enough.

Disappointed the Atari games are so small. It looks like they mapped the same size to the S/X. Have an option to get rid of the controls, make the screen larger, and allow you to plug in a controller to the USB.