First 3D render of Model 3

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I need the Revit version to add to my work projects :D
@MelindaV,

Naaaaa.....you're (WE'RE) distracted enough 'Daily Dreamin' about our Model 3's!!! :) You'd never get any work done! I DO know the ONE deadline we are all waiting for and its NOT work related!!! ;)

Ski

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I know somebody put a lot of time into that rendering, but it's actually pretty bad. The trunk doesn't extend far enough behind the rear wheels. The front fenders are much higher than the real thing. A lot of the lines are just wrong when you compare it to actual photographs.

Hi All,

I'm working on my own model 3 in Blender, it still has a long way to go but I thought I'd share what I have so far. It's not a rendering just some screen captures of my model within the Blender 3D program. So far I think the rims for the wheels are my favourite part of the model, they turned out pretty nice.

I originally thought of making a 3D printed version but I haven't modelled a car before and turning a car with all the parts into a single solid model for 3D printing is going to be very challenging...

I'm just having fun building the model, to help pass the time until I get my real Model 3. At some point I will probably upload the model if others want to "play" with it. I don't know if a model built from Blender will be useful in Revit or Sketchup though.

Cheers,
Nowhereman Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 12.26.00 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 12.07.34 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 12.11.40 AM.png

minogully

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looks great so far, keep up the good work and you'll have it looking perfect in no time.

If you do decide to covert it to a 3D printable version, please post it on thingiverse. I'll get my friend with a 3D printer to print one for me to put on my desk at work. :)

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Any interest if we put this into our shop to buy?

Keep in mind the printing takes 9+ hours so we're not setup for mass production. Shipping and handling would be a few $ too depending on destination.

There are a number of colours we could do too.

Let us know.