First look at Tesla’s new Supercharger layout concept

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 31st all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
This layout makes perfect sense. My only concern would be the amount of space it takes up. More space = more cost, but it was inevitable and the right move. I'm waiting now to see how long it takes before some idiot takes out a charging station by not watching where he's going!

Dan

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm waiting now to see how long it takes before some idiot takes out a charging station by not watching where he's going!
I agree. They're going to have to add big metal poles to the sides of the charging stations to prevent that, just like they have at gas station pumps.

Topher

Energy Curmudgeon
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I hope the one in Norway has a curb around both chargers in a column to protect against snow plows.

Thank you kindly.

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Yeah, I'm not worried about the Tesla owners that will actually use them. I'm more concerned about the ICE users barreling through the lot and not watching where they are going.

Dan

I hope to see many Model3's visiting the great state of Florida in the near future, have Electric Vehicle (EV) will travel!. When asked, I often recommend motorist use the Florida Turnpike (State Road-91[SR91])/Designated as the The Ronald Reagan Turnpike for DIRECTLY traveling to North, Central, and South - Florida. There are a number of Tesla Supercharges that are tactically located along the Florida Turnpike (Toll). This posting showcases the Fort Drum Service Plaza. The facilities are clean and safe.

ALL the Superchargers along the Florida Turnpike are at well planned mileage intervals for facilitating expeditious travel through the state, for driving either Southward to Miami, central to Orlando, or Northward to join Interstate-75.

As new EV Operators think about becoming proficient at Pre-Drive Planning. When operating a Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV); one has to have a plan. Note that airplane pilots complete flight planning before takeoff and land with a fuel reserve! Conversely, as a EV Operator, always be in RANGE of a charging solution and never travel without your Universal Mobile Connector (UMC).

Florida is great for EV vehicles, the terrain is flat.

Don't forget your suntan lotion and sunglasses.

Don't feed the alligators!

Lock your doors and keep valuables out of plain sight!

Drive Safe!

FtDrumServicePlaza1.jpg

FtDrumServicePlaza2.jpg

FtDrumServicePlaza3.jpg

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
What's the toll on Florida's Turnpike now? I got lost once and was worried about running out of change.

EBelly

You can check out the North Carolina quick pass. It works in NC or anywhere EZPass, Sunpass or Peach Pass is accepted. I've used mine up and down the east coast from New York to Florida.

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
You can check out the North Carolina quick pass. It works in NC or anywhere EZPass, Sunpass or Peach Pass is accepted. I've used mine up and down the east coast from New York to Florida.
Seriously. Why can't we have a national standard? I've got FasTrak in the San Francisco Bay Area for bridge tolls and expressway access. Clipper Card for mass transit. *sigh*