Formula One Wheel?3

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I saw someone mention the possibility of implementing a formula one type steering wheel and incorporating some of the traditional gauge information in it. Anyone have an idea of how this might or might not be done and what info they could put there?

Dan

images.jpg maxresdefault.jpg Hi Dan, I had an idea for a F1 style wheel, I was thinking about a couple of ideas. One very simple and one a little more complex.

Option 1: small led display built into the top on the steering wheel showing speed along with phone and simplified navigation graphics.

Option 2: 5" display with all the binnacle info displayed on it.

Either option sounds very spaceship like to me.

Either of these options would also mean the same dash in either left hand drive or right hand drive cars. Only the steering rack would have to change.

Last edited: