Four months and 8K miles, never noticed this icon... What is it?

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Milo

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
upload_2018-10-11_10-30-56.png

When I tapped it, the speaker got a little x over it, but it didn't seem to change anything. Icon popped up at a stoplight, then went away when I started moving. Looked for it the rest of my drive that night, and saw nothing. Upgraded to 36.2 only two days ago.

quikwit

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's the chime notification for the park assist. When you get to close to something, the car beeps. You can touch the notification to temporarily mute it (or go to Controls > Safety & Security > Settings > Park Assist Chimes to stop it entirely).

I use this often when I park in my tight garage and the nonstop pinging gets annoying.

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't go through drive-thru's much, but this is another place where it's useful to mute.

ER1C8

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
It's funny, I feel like this question comes up every few weeks. I think it's on the screen so infrequently that no one notices it.