Fremont factory tour for Model 3 owners & res. holders

oripaamoni

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am in fremont today going to the factory tour! I already drove by the holding lot, Super empty, almost no model 3s almost all X and S. If they take us by the M3 production line I will report back on what colors I see on the line.

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am in fremont today going to the factory tour! I already drove by the holding lot, Super empty, almost no model 3s almost all X and S. If they take us by the M3 production line I will report back on what colors I see on the line.
You’re about to sign an NDA ;)

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So once you configure you can qualify for a fremont factory tour?

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So once you configure you can qualify for a fremont factory tour?
Technically no. You must be an existing owner as far as I understood a reservation didn’t count.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Technically no. You must be an existing owner as far as I understood a reservation didn’t count.
I sent them an e-mail and they said a reservation was not good enough but to get back in touch once I placed the order.

oripaamoni

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nope didn’t take delivery yet, I think if you have a reservation you are good to go, in the email they asked me for a vin or reservation #. Zoom in on the attached photo, you can see a red with Aeros and a blue with sport loaded onto a small car carrier.

Attachments

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nope didn’t take delivery yet, I think if you have a reservation you are good to go, in the email they asked me for a vin or reservation #. Zoom in on the attached photo, you can see a red with Aeros and a blue with sport loaded onto a small car carrier.
Interesting that’s a recent change. I took the tour in December and a Reservation Number wasn’t good enough.

oripaamoni

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I sent them an e-mail and they said a reservation was not good enough but to get back in touch once I placed the order.
Strange, maybe it’s because I configured already?

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Strange, maybe it’s because I configured already?
That's what I assumed, cause I heard that reservations weren't good enough. If that's the case, I'm gonna make an appointment for a tour and take a little road trip up the coast after I take delivery.

oripaamoni

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's what I assumed, cause I heard that reservations weren't good enough. If that's the case, I'm gonna make an appointment for a tour and take a little road trip up the coast after I take delivery.
Ok confirmed, only way is if you already configured, still had to do some convincing though, definitely a gray area. Had to show the tour guide my Tesla account and all that.

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ok confirmed, only way is if you already configured, still had to do some convincing though, definitely a gray area. Had to show the tour guide my Tesla account and all that.
Thanks for the info! I'll have to reserve my tour ASAP.

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The factory tour request form includes VIN as one of the fields. My ISA sent it to me.

Mad Hungarian

Resident M3OC Wheel/Tire Guru
Country
Country
Just an update on this old thread for anyone who's interested, I just booked a tour today with no VIN, however they can see that I've configured back in June and that seemed good enough. Availability was open from August 22nd on right now, I'm going 1st week in September. Can't wait to see The Tent (although I'm pretty sure they're not gonna let us near it).

PandaM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ooh sounds fun... was planning on going to SF with my Model 3 and drop by some of the Monterey car week events... but if they do tours on Sunday I might be able to swing that.

Do they do Sunday tours?

Mad Hungarian

Country
Country
Ooh sounds fun... was planning on going to SF with my Model 3 and drop by some of the Monterey car week events... but if they do tours on Sunday I might be able to swing that.

Do they do Sunday tours?
Unfortunately not, just weekdays.
But it's really worth making time for, was lucky enough to go two years ago with an employee and loved it!

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just an update on this old thread for anyone who's interested, I just booked a tour today with no VIN, however they can see that I've configured back in June and that seemed good enough. Availability was open from August 22nd on right now, I'm going 1st week in September. Can't wait to see The Tent (although I'm pretty sure they're not gonna let us near it).
You’re going to have a blast at adult Disney World!

Mad Hungarian

Country
Country
You’re going to have a bl.ast at adult Disney World!
I know, SO stoked to go back and see how it's grown!
My ultimate fantasy would be to find out my car was going down the line while I'm there. Virtually no chance I'd see it if it's on GA4 in the Tent, but at least I could claim I was there for the "birth" :).

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I know, SO stoked to go back and see how it's grown!
My ultimate fantasy would be to find out my car was going down the line while I'm there. Virtually no chance I'd see it if it's on GA4 in the Tent, but at least I could claim I was there for the "birth" :).
That would be amazing. Don’t get your hopes up too much, you never know what you’ll even see. When I went, I saw Model 3 parts but the lines for S/X.