1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

From Electrek: An exclusive look at Tesla’s plan to build largest EV charging station in...

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Jul 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

An exclusive look at Tesla’s plan to build largest EV charging station in the world with 40 Superchargers

[​IMG]

When Tesla announced new expansion plans for its Supercharger network earlier this year, it managed to ease some of the concerns that its current owners had over the network becoming overcrowded with the launch of the Model 3.

We started to see Tesla adding chargers to its current Supercharger stations and build new ones with up to 20 chargers.

But the expansion also included a new type of station with much higher numbers of stalls. We now get our first good look at what those stations through new site plans for one of the very first stations. more…

[​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...

2. ModFather

old CARmudgeon
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    SoCal Inland Empire
    Country
    Kettleman City! I have been through Kettleman City via Hwy 41 probably several hundred times in my lifetime when we had family connections in both Fresno and San Luis Obispo. I remember a time, long ago, when there was nothing out there at that intersection,long before the construction of Hwy 5. Today, it is bustling collection of eateries and service stations to serve the traveling public between Los Angeles and San Francisco areas. That will then make five Supercharger stations on the Valley stretch of Hwy 5 - Fort Tejon, Bakersfield, Kettleman City, Harris Ranch, and Gustine - a distance of 300+ miles.

I think Tesla should franchise a restaurant chain concept serving vegetarian and meat substitute, healthy food menu items at these Supercharger lounges. It would go along with their environmentally friendly transportation concept. They should not get into food service themselves, they should franchise the concept. If the concept is worth doing, it is worth doing well.

I think the sky is the limit for this young company. They are either going to succeed spectacularly or fail spectacularly, no mediocrity in between. I am betting on the former.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • AEDennis

Top-Contributor
      Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Southern California, Most of the time...
      Country
      Just zoomed past Kettleman City on my homeward journey from the Bay Area today. As it stands, is the location at Harris Ranch has 18 superchargers, 1 Roadster charger, and a defunct Battery Swap station.

Lots of progress on a very busy part of the N-S California corridor.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.