1. Model 3 is coming. Get your Model 3 Owners Club apparel today!

Dismiss Notice

From Electrek: BMW’s next gen i3 will come in 2017 with a design refresh and up to 50% more...

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Nov 28, 2016.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

BMW’s next gen i3 will come in 2017 with a design refresh and up to 50% more range, sources say

[​IMG]

At a time when almost all automakers are announcing upgrades to their mid-range electric vehicles under their 2017 models, like VW with the e-Golf or Ford with the Focus Electric, you will not hear about an upgrade to BMW’s i3 since it was actually announced earlier this year – when they introduced their new 33 kWh battery pack upgrade.

It was a welcomed upgrade, but not the next generation design refresh that people have been waiting for. Now sources say that the German automaker is working on a design refresh for the 2018 BMW i3 to be released next year and it will again feature a range increase – up to 50%. more…

Filed under: Uncategorized [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...

2. Michael Russo

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Pau, France
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Amusing to see I beat Elektrek by almost 24 hours reporting the news from the Welt am Sonntag article on the new i3... LOL... :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Michael Russo

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Pau, France
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    More of the same... don't mean to offend those among you who like the i3... (plus, remember, I have long been a fan of the 'Freude am Fahren' Bavarian brand...) but isn't the '...even sportier' a tad far-fetched...? Or did the writer confuse it with the i8?... :p
    Anyways, again, all steps in the right direction... 2017 will be THE year of the BEVs...
    http://www.motor1.com/news/129814/bmw-i3-sport/